GO!

Another dog shot by the police.

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

Scruffy

if i can catch- it i can eat it

Barked: Sun Apr 7, '13 3:21pm PST 
Came across this article on Facebook, I DID NOT do any further research on it, so idk if this is the full story.
Apparently the police shot a dog running away from them (owner should have had the dog contained properly) but after they shot the dog they apparently hid it, and lied about the animals whereabouts? The dog is alive.

Wish the owner of this dog had a break stick.

Here is the article, it has some graphic pictures at the bottom

http://snarrdogpolice.com/
[notify]
Scruffy

Barked: Sun Apr 7, '13 4:18pm PST 
Trying to find more information on this
http://gothamist.com/2013/04/07/family_and_vet_claims_cops_sho t_inn.php
[notify]
Scruffy

Barked: Sun Apr 7, '13 4:19pm PST 
http://www.examiner.com/article/dog-shot-by-nypd-officer-fights-for- her-life
[notify]

Dyno

Barked: Sun Apr 7, '13 5:38pm PST 
I think this even if the story about the cops is true, that a HUGE amount of this was the owners fault, and could have been prevented with responsible management, if anyone else could find more links to articles that would be great!!
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Mon Apr 8, '13 5:26pm PST 
Sigh...you can't really assume in any of these situations unless you were there. I know too that if Dyno were "accidently" shot in any situation, you might feel differently.

From what I've read so far, the dog was running away from the shooter. More chilling is an article that came up while I was searching for this one...

From New York/August 2012...it was about a dog, that looked quite a bit like Sophie...laying on the street shot in the head...because it's owner was having a seizure and it barked at police.

One of my absolute biggest fears, not of having a heart attack or stroke, but rather of having it while walking one of the dogs. Better that I croak than live and one of the dogs dies because the rescue people were too afraid to restrain the dog.
[notify]
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Tue Apr 9, '13 7:44am PST 
I have to agree with Opheila, you really can't assume when you don't have all the facts and weren't there.

That said... Opheila, that is one of my greatest fears too. I DO have epilepsy, and while Charlie would be happy for attention from anyone(even in that situation) - paramedics, cops and people in uniform included, Ria would get scared and bark.
[notify]
Dyno

Barked: Wed Apr 10, '13 6:41pm PST 
The owner had ALL of her dogs off leash, that is irresponsible, and this may not have happened had the dogs been restrained properly.
[notify]