GO!

Innocent Chained Pit Bull shot & killed in own yard by the police

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 8 of 8: Viewing entries 71 to 77)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Mon Apr 22, '13 8:55am PST 
Mika, I am not trying to hurt you simply get you to understand. I don't think any dog SHOULD be shot.
The owners changed their story a number of times, at one point he said a female friend was holding the chain. Tried to say the officer shot the dog while it was next to her. The dogs collar had to be cut off. Sadly I have removed collars from several dead dogs, its easier to unbuckle the collar then cut it. That tells me the collar was a fixture. In the police statement it says the canine officer was taken to the ground by the dog(that's the human)the second officer attempted to pull the dog off and was unable to, at that point he shot the dog. The photos and videos of the yard make it clear that the dog lived outside, I am guessing to guard the multitude of junk cars. The fence at the front was broken, no gate, or a broken gate and no sign just some old staples in a piece of a fence. What if a child had wandered through there. No fence at the back either.
[notify]
Trigger

*Blackdog*

Barked: Mon Apr 22, '13 9:24am PST 
Mila, I really think you should research more before posting some of the statements you're making. If in pursuit a criminal is believed to have dropped a weapon you can bet that without a warrant law enforcement can go where ever they believed he did to try to find it.

Same goes for if they believe a crime is being committed that very moment. If a man is beating a woman or a woman is hurting a child they don't have to knock and wait for someone to answer, nor would their only alternative be to sit and wait while someone got ahold of a judge to sign off on a search warrant.

There are many MANY circumstances in which it is perfectly lawful for them to step in and do what they need to do, including searching your very own body if they deem it necessary.

Some may disagree about the fairness in that but don't call it against the law because it's not.

If you've got nothing to.hide you've got nothing to worry about.

I too agree with Sabi, interesting just how many times the owners story has changed.......
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Mon Apr 22, '13 12:28pm PST 
Trigger, I believe that is what I said!!
In any normal case YES THEY DO need a search warrant!!!!!!!
If they have strong reason to believe that there is something on someones property, or on someones person, no they do not need a warrant, because it becomes 'reason to believe'
Police DO NOT have the right to just go and search any old person they see fit, and I DO know that for sure!!!!!!!! If they have good reason, or saw something happen then yes they can search!!!
[notify]

Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Mon Apr 22, '13 12:36pm PST 
Sabi-

Well in that case I have to apologize to you. I did not know any of that. I thought the owner took the sign down after this happened, for evidence or something like that. I thought the police did break that gate.....All I knew was what is in the article and video that someone posted here. I did not look further into it, to be honest with you. I thought the article was posted and that's all there was. I will admit to being in the wrong then and not knowing the whole story. I guess I should have tried finding the statements and whatnot about this case, not just the article.
So again Sab, I apologize, I did not know the owner changed his story like that AT ALL!!
The poor pup, I feel bad for, he did not need to die, I think we all can agree upon that at least? And shame on that man for treating his dog like that.
For the record though, I was not trying to 'side' with only the owner in this, just didn't think anybody knew all of these accusations they kept making. I did not know, and was trying to be at least half fair to the man.....again though, I did not know the whole story......and have seen police go way to far a lot of times where I am and often it could have been avoided.....it is just sad
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Mon Apr 22, '13 12:47pm PST 
O.k Sab, I just read some more of what I could find on this, and saw the stories change. (the one about the female grabbing the chain and stuff) That was definitely not part of his original video!
It is to bad though that it seems both of the officers and the K9 did not have a scratch on them......things like that are what make me say it should have gone down differently, but there is nothing I can do about that now or anybody for that matter.....RIP Ben He looked like a beautiful dog, I saw his pic hug
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Mon Apr 22, '13 11:17pm PST 
Mika, I will never believe that any dog deserves to die like that. A bullet is a horrible way to stop a heart filled with forgiveness. And it is owners just like this that spit on the fact that your dog will willing lay down its life for you. I do not believe the dog was wrong, I believe that the people-all of them- were. At least the police had some reason for their actions. Right or wrong they believed they did what was necessary. The owners do not have that excuse.
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Tue Apr 23, '13 5:39am PST 
Indeed Sab, I can agree with that one for sure. The people were all in the wrong here......and it is very sad it had to end up this way frown
[notify]
  (Page 8 of 8: Viewing entries 71 to 77)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8