GO!

Michael Vick's newest dog

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Ace

Mischief is my- middle name

Barked: Thu Mar 7, '13 12:52pm PST 
There was recently a TMZ article that showed Michael Vick posing with a PetSmart employee, where he allegedly is taking his new dog, a Belgian Malinois for training.

Hadn't Vick already gotten a family dog?

Many in the Mal community wondered what reputable breeder would possibly sell to Vick. In light of his history, the breed seems a VERY poor choice.

Turns out, an old business associate from Vick's dog fighting days ran what was basically a puppy mill for Belgians, GSD, Rotts... Premiere K9, run by Art Washington. He's been shut down, but we know how that can go.

I'm thinking Vick hasn't changed his attitude much.

I'm pretty sickened over this.
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Thu Mar 7, '13 1:01pm PST 
maybe somebody will kidnap the poor pup.
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Thu Mar 7, '13 1:03pm PST 
shockshockshockshockshockshockshockshock
MMMMM SMELLS LIKE MIKE TASTES LIKE CHICKEN
Besides only getting a slap on the wrist with jail time, Vick should not be forgiven for anything. What he allowed to happen was unspeakable and there's a bunch of living things that have had to recover from it best they can.
No way should he be allowed to have dogs. If someone in the spotlight was convicted of murdering human children should they be allowed to adopt more?
Interesting to note how many injuries Vick has sustained in recent years...you just know there are dog lovers on the playing field...
[notify]

Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Thu Mar 7, '13 3:55pm PST 
Oh lovely, yes just get another high drive, potentially "dangerous" breed for you to use your "training techniques" on.
naughty

He's already proven to not be able to handle powerful dogs without resorting to drowning and electroshock tactics. I still think he's more suited to a stuffed toy.
[notify]
Baby

What'd you say?- I wasn't- listening.

Barked: Thu Mar 7, '13 5:41pm PST 
I love how people are writing (not here) that he is being responsible now and is proving himself, people that don't care wouldn't sign up for doggy classes.

As if he didn't purposely sign up for petsmart training classes as a crowd pleaser.

Ugh.
[notify]
Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Thu Mar 7, '13 5:47pm PST 
Dogster ran an article about this. It appears the puppy (family pet) he received is this particular shepard. There hasn't been any other dog as far as dogster reported.

It seems that everyone in the family according to dogster is going through training and it seems like it's going alright. From the dogster picture it didn't look like the dog was wearing anything less then a normal collar. ( i could be wrong) but i honestly doubt that dog will be abused as vicks prior dogs from that ring were.

I mean i know what he did was barbaric and inhumane. i was surprised when it was said he could own another dog after what he had done. *shows what money can get you* I was also surprised by the breed choice. But i feel Vick might be okay and humane with this dog since to be honest. Just about every watch dog group *pun not intended* will be watching him like a hawk just waiting for him to "slip up" and for that pup to so much as yelp or flich to bring hell fire down upon him. I mean when it was 'rumored' that he had a new 'pet' groups were all over him.

I think that dog will get treated better then most celeberty dogs. And i really hope I'm right about that since if not. then Vick has 0 redeeming character in my book.

*I'm really trying to give him the benefit of the doubt here. But we'll see how this goes since he does in fact own a dog.
[notify]
Moose

I love sitting- in laps

Barked: Thu Mar 7, '13 6:10pm PST 
Jake, your hopes for Vick's dog are much sunnier than mine. I don't trust that piece of @#%* as far as I could throw him.
We have no idea what he's doing behind closed doors and there's not one person who will ever know. Minus his family and close friends who most likely wouldn't rat on him.

I know hate is a wasted emotion and it does one no good, but man oh man, I hate that guy.
[notify]
Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Thu Mar 7, '13 8:23pm PST 
I know what you mean Moose.

I'm just trying to look on the bright side of things and think maybe he can be retrained so to speak.

I'm really motivated by the concept that it was only a rumor that he had a new "pet" several months ago and the dog activists groups were crawling all over him. I have a feeling if that dog was to so much as yelp wrong for any reason or limp for a second the ASPCA or some animal activist group would be on that. Or if that dog went "missing" for some reason or showed any signs of abuse. I mean that man's on a radar. That's the only reason why i think this situation is some what understandable.

I really did wish the court would have put some sort of restriction on him at least for breeds.

I'm really just hoping everything works out okay. Not really for Vick but more for the puppy. I mean it's not like the puppy could "choose" whom takes it home. That's whatever "breeder" decided to give him a dog. and the OP is probably right. It's from some BYB family friend. which sickens me ever so slightly. and throws all BYBs further into the sludge for me.
[notify]
Ace

Mischief is my- middle name

Barked: Thu Mar 7, '13 8:28pm PST 
I guess I may have misspoken and it's just now we're learning the breed of the dog he got a few months ago.

If you read up on Art Washington, the former business associate from whom he is alleged to have gotten the dog, it's disturbing that Vick would associate with someone busted for abuse as recently as 2011.

I would think rehabbing his attitude would result in a profound distaste and distrust of old friends who still engage in neglect and abuse of animals. Not procuring his dog from them.
[notify]
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Thu Mar 7, '13 8:35pm PST 
I won't give him the benefit of the doubt. Why? Because like Moose said, NOBODY but his close family and friends know what is occurring behind closed doors and it's GUARANTEED that he's only going through the classes as a crowd pleaser because of how much it effected people that he got a dog. He should not be allowed ANY pet, ever again, for the rest of his miserable life. I'm not sure why you think this dog will get treated better than other celebrity pets... There's other celebrities out there who never have and NEVER WOULD treat their dogs the way he has in the past. He views them as objects, not family members.

If he was so concerned about his children not being able to have a 'puppy' while living with him, he wouldn't have treated the animals the way he did in the first place, and he would consider the fact that his children will GET OVER IT and be able to own their own pets when they live on their own. I'm sure when they're older, they will understand WHY they couldn't have a dog while living under his roof.

I feel terrible for this dog and I fear for her very life. Regardless of how many people are watching him in public, it's possible for things to go to crap when he's behind closed doors with this dog. What if he loses his temper? Gets frustrated? What if she does something he considers wrong? What if she nips a child of his, or she digs in the garbage or chews on something?

I'm disgusted that he's allowed to have a pet at all. naughty
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3