GO!

Is this legal?

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

Sir Snicker- Doodle

Snickers -- The Cutest- Little Moppet

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 6:25am PST 
Say you're riding in the car with your person... and there's a truck in front of you with no gate but there's a decent sized dog running around in the back. The dog is jumping up on the sides and the back of the truck. It appears this dog has no tethering to the truck whatsoever...

Is this legal to do? I know it's definitely not safe.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 7:17am PST 
You'll have to check local laws. Sadly,it is often not illegal to do that although it is very unsafe,not only for the poor pet stuck riding in the back of the truck but for other road users as well. It would be nice if people used common sense,wouldn't it?
[notify]
Sir Snicker- Doodle

Snickers -- The Cutest- Little Moppet

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 7:48am PST 
Very much so! I kept my distance because if that puppy went flying... he wouldn't stand a chance. I thought about calling the police -- non-emergency number and asking them. Maybe if I see the guy again I'll write down his license plate number and call it in. I couldn't imagine doing that with my dog!
[notify]