GO!

Feeding the Strays

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 25)  
1  2  3  
Rigby

Dingbat

Barked: Fri Mar 15, '13 2:53pm PST 
By-Law came by the other day big grin

Not exactly the best time for them to come by, but I was home at least.
- It was our anniversary the night before, let's just say I wasn't in the best state silenced

So he spoke with the woman and basically told her that if she does it again, and I choose to report it, it's a $250 fine for her. I'm very pleased with the result, I haven't seen any food there since (though it's only been 4 days).

Unfortunately, they did issue a warning to our supers as well though - as they leave bowls of cat food out for the strays that they take in. Which I don't mind in the least. I know where the bowls are, I know what's in the bowls, and most of all I can avoid these easily on my way out.
They're also brought in at night.
So they were a little upset about that. But as we told them, we got no notice that by-law was coming, and we had already tried to get them to help us with the situation - which they didn't.
So hopefully that's cleared up.

Thanks everyone for your support with this hug
[notify]
Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Tricolored- Hounds for life!

Barked: Fri Mar 15, '13 3:32pm PST 
Happy it got settled for you.

Jake got skunked last year by the skunk my old land lady used to leave food out for.

Needless to say said skunk disappeared. Though i never did tell her I had to call animal control to come get it. But then again skunks tend to carry rabies.

At least you were nice about it.
[notify]
Rigby

Dingbat

Barked: Sat Mar 30, '13 8:17am PST 
More in the saga of this woman....

My boyfriend was outside the other night having a smoke and the woman approached him. Claimed that I "called the police" on her, and also pretended to be selling newspapers to get a good scope of her apartment. shrug
She said to him "I get that you're nice, but she is a not so nice word" And that she has lived her 12 years and I just move in and try to run everything.shrug

But then again she's also claiming that it's just bread that she's thrown (total lie).

I've got a relative amount of social anxiety so I suppose I may come off as rude but, I didn't think I was being outwardly nasty to her.
I gave her reasonable warning, I did my best to keep things calm. She's breaking the law and my dog got sick because of it. My dogs safety is my first priority, I am by no means trying to "run things"

Funny thing is, she owns a dog, you would think she would understand.

naughty
[notify]

Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Mon Apr 1, '13 10:02am PST 
Try not to take it too personally, she is probably a manipulative uncouth weirdo in all portions of her life. You can't fix dumb.
[notify]
Rigby

Dingbat

Barked: Sat Apr 13, '13 11:31am PST 
This woman just doesn't stop *pulls hair out*

So first, I guess the dog is her roommates. He had a mild heart attack so she had to start walking the dog. I've witnessed her choke the dog with the collar, and smack the poor guy with both the end of the leash and her hands.
And each time she comes back inside and waits for the elevator, I hear her screeching at the pup and heard the pup let out a substantial yelp.

I was outside a few minutes ago brushing Cobain and she tossed tomato tops off her balcony. (Didn't actually see it, but they weren't there the 2 minutes before when I walked out)
The dog was cast out on the balcony and whining and I hear "What are you whining at dumb***" from the vile woman.

If this was a bigger building, I don't think it would bother me as much, but we've only got something like 20 units.

Just freaking riles me up because I am just doing what the super told me to do.
I was told all dog owners are to take dogs out the side door to help keep the front door and lawn looking nice. I am the ONLY one who does this.
Keeps me on the good side of the supers (they posted a note about a dog urinating all over the front door, and personally came to us and said he knew it wasn't us and to not worry).

Just basically stresses me out, especially starting exams on Monday I'm stressed enough. Needing to vent here, sorry about that.

Edited by author Sat Apr 13, '13 11:32am PST

[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 25)  
1  2  3