GO!

If everybody did the "right" thing . .. would we run out of dogs?

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Beasley

I'm the Bee's- Knees!

Barked: Wed Dec 5, '12 4:11pm PST 
If you haven't already, please check out Why Judging People Who Bought Their Dogs Does More Harm Than Good, a rebuttal to Segura's post.

And don't furget that we're always looking for writers from among the Dogster Community!

If you would like to share an intensely personal story about life with your dog(s), send an email to confessatdogsterdotcom.
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 10:47am PST 
That could be fun for someone who has a good head for math and statistics...

An estimate of how many homeless dogs living either globally or in a particular region

Then another estimate of those whoare now pregnant or have the potential to reproduce in their lifetime

A variable would be the potential lifespan of the fertile dogs and projected numbers and lifespans of their offspring

Minus how many homeless dogs will be spayed or die before they reproduce

Then somehow crunch how many years before we concievably would run out of dogs if neuter/spay programs somehow are consistantly effective

If the figure would be like two or three hundred years...whew my brain hurts
[notify]
Scruffy

if i can catch- it i can eat it

Barked: Sat Dec 8, '12 7:24am PST 
There's nothing wrong with being a responsible dog breeder
[notify]

Dunlop

Dunlop-named for- the rider not- the tyer

Barked: Mon Dec 10, '12 4:57pm PST 
Scruffy, the issue is not the responsible breeder but the Mills and those who breed their dogs "because he/she is cute" without more thought as to where those puppies will end up. The "breeder" may take one pup from that litter but where do the rest go? And at the expense of the rest of the dogs in the community who already need homes, pure breed, pedigree and mutts alike?

I know a few people who breed. One I would call responsible and one... lets just say she see's dollar signs instead of decency? naughty

Best wishes

Dunlop
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2