GO!

Finding Rudy

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 3 of 7: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  
Rudy

Don't let- anything come- between you

Barked: Sat Oct 20, '12 4:01pm PST 
I strongly believe the reason why the manager won't let me contact the people who have Rudy is because he doesn't want them to know that they were lied to and that they have to give her back.

I saw some pictures of Rudy at the shelter that were taken while she was there and she looked really sad.

I also think somebody in my neighborhood knows where she is because every time I post a flyer, they take it down. One time when I put one up it was gone the next day!
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Sun Oct 21, '12 4:10pm PST 
Wow, seriously? Hmm, I wonder if there's a possibility you could call crime stoppers and report this shelter or perhaps set up an amber alert? I wish I could help you love. My family has a house in Vagus, and for this reason alone, I'm glad we chose to rent it out instead of living there ourselves.
[notify]
y

dog-sitter in- charge.

Barked: Sun Oct 21, '12 6:57pm PST 
ROFL an amber alert for a dog........... they don't even issue amber alerts for missing human teenagers...
[notify]

Rudy

Barked: Sun Oct 21, '12 11:25pm PST 
Actually, there are companies that do amber alerts for dogs but they aren't cheap.

I would have to wait until I talk to the lawyer to find out what I can and can't do, then I'll be able to blow the whistle.

I recently learned somebody who knows the people who work at the shelter where Rudy was found a dog whose owner was in a situation similar to mine.

The owner was moving, asked a friend to take care of the dog, went back to get her and that person gave the dog to somebody else!

He's been looking for the dog ever since and wants the her back because she belongs to his son.

On another note, while researching Rudy's pedigree, I found quite a few of her cousins, including this beagle, his name is Dusty.

Dusty

http://www.freewebs.com/epsnorthwayironjawbeagles /Brady,%20Lumas,%20Morgan,%20Dusty,%20Deisil%20007.jpg

I plan to set up a facebook page Rudy. Also, I found out there's somebody in my neighborhood who has been stealing dogs!

Two dogs I remember coming up missing where I am were a Boston terrier and a yorkie.

I've warned my neighbors and anyone I see walking their dog.

The other day while out running errands I found a chihuahua with no leash on and walking around unsupervised.

She was friendly enough for me to pick her up. I took her into a nearby pet store, turned out her owner worked there and dog had got out. The staff was happy to get her back.
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Mon Oct 22, '12 9:19am PST 
Fom the OP: "In December 2011, I had to move on short notice and was unable to take my beagle, Rudy with me. She was taken to a new animal shelter that opened a few blocks away"
Am I the only one who thinks there is something fishy going on here? It has been almost a year since you surrendered her & you are only now getting a lawyer?
Amber Alerts are a specific legislated response for abducted children..not dogs. There may be companies who will help you look for lost pets..but it would NOT be an Amber Alert.shrug
[notify]
y

dog-sitter in- charge.

Barked: Mon Oct 22, '12 9:23am PST 
Amber alerts are also not for-pay services :/
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Mon Oct 22, '12 1:02pm PST 
I managed a shelter years ago. We had a couple bring in a dog when they were evicted from their apartment. They DID sign the release, I also explained it all to them in language they could understand, the point being that this was a RELEASE and the dog would be ours to do with as we saw fit.
EXACTLY 8 months later they were back, insisting on their dog back, after us not hearing from them during the entire 8 months. They tried a huge media campaign with their free (paid for by OUR taxes) lawyer and when all was said and done, we DID have the dog legally, and had the paperwork to prove it. To this day those people still insist I "STOLE" their dog and will tell anyone and everyone who will listen!!!
Frankly, if my dog were given up in December of last year I would have been there EVERY SINGLE DAY and would have started something way, way sooner than ten (10) months later if I believed they had stolen my dog!! Sounds a bit fishy to me, too.
[notify]
Rudy

Barked: Mon Oct 22, '12 2:09pm PST 
Ok, let me start by saying it took me a while to get a lawyer because they're busy with other clients.

I've been posting flyers and Rudy's pictures ever since I found out she was adopted, so it's been ongoing.

I had gone by the shelter to drop of food and visit my dog. I made donations as well. I NEVER agreed to give up Rudy and I made it very clear that I was coming back for her.

Everyone I've talked to agreed I've done the right thing by going to a lawyer first.

Even the lawyer I spoke to and a person I know who runs her own rescue group both agreed that there is something strange about the shelter I'm dealing with.

What I'm doing is no different than what this Kansas City resident, Tony Pulliam is doing for his dog, Seven. He's been posting his dog's picture all over the internet and asking friends for help.

Here's the full story:

Reward offered to help homeless man get dog back

http://fox4kc.com/2012/10/10/homeless-man-asks-for-help-find ing-his-stolen-dog/

Edited by author Mon Oct 22, '12 2:20pm PST

[notify]
Isabelle the- Great

Nothing is- greater than an- Springer!

Barked: Tue Oct 23, '12 6:08pm PST 
I'm sorry. Your story and the story of Seven are extremely different. Seven's owner did not take him to an animal shelter. What I don't get is why you would board an animal at an animal shelter. I know of no animal shelters that have the luxury of boarding animals, even the no kill shelters. Why did you not go to a boarding kennel?

I am sorry but you said you saw him on petfinder. Why didn't you go for him then and get him as soon as you saw it?

This sucks, but the law will probably side with the shelter and the new owners.
[notify]
Rudy

Barked: Tue Oct 23, '12 6:54pm PST 
Like I said, I had to move on short notice, I asked several people if they would watch my dog but nobody called or emailed me.I even called several boarding kennels and the rate was too high or something else.

The shelter allowed my dog to be boarded because I offered to pay for her expenses.

Shortly after seeing my dog online, I went by the shelter and talked for almost an hour and made it clear I was coming back for my dog. She was adopted the day before I was coming to get her. Prior to that, I was told she'd be there when I came to pick her up and when I got there she was gone.

The lawyer I'm doing a follow up appointment with specializes in animals, dogs in particular.

The fact that the shelter hasn't sent a copy of the paperwork regarding my dog to the lawyer after she sent a request means that something isn't right.

Different people I've talked to including metro police said to talk things over with a lawyer, which is what I'm doing.

Edited by author Tue Oct 23, '12 6:56pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 3 of 7: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7