GO!

Finding Rudy

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 2 of 7: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  
Rudy

Don't let- anything come- between you

Barked: Fri Oct 19, '12 12:17pm PST 
You brought up a valid point.

I do consider her stolen though I found out from talking with Metro P.D. that what I'm dealing with is a civil matter and cases like that can be hard.

The lawyer I spoke to did write a letter asking for the paperwork that was filled out.

My guess is why she probably hasn't received it is because a signature was forged.

Plus I would have to wait for my follow up appointment with her to find out what I can and can't say or do. If it turns out I can post Rudy as a stolen petthen I'll by all means do it or go to a local news station. Sometime ago a family in San Jose,CA went on television when their Yorkie mix was stolen and they got him back within a week. The woman who returned the dog found him wandering around by himself in a parking lot.

But it's not just me, on craigslist and other places, I've seen ads and flyers for dogs and cats reported as stolen or missing.

In fact there's a rescue group that gets most if not all their dogs off craigslist!

I'm not joking, I compared photos of dogs from their website to dogs people are trying to rehome on craigslist and they were the exact same dogs!
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Fri Oct 19, '12 2:02pm PST 
Rudy, jeez, I'm sorry that you're having to go through this. frown Hmm, I wonder if it was their intention to defraud you in the first place. You were paying for her expenses after all. I wonder if they purposely did this to take advantage of you? confused I hope you get this thing sorted out soon.
[notify]
Rudy

Barked: Fri Oct 19, '12 2:51pm PST 
I think you might be on to something. I highly doubt they planned on keeping Rudy in the first place even though I made it perfectly clear I was coming back for her.

It's not just her expenses I covered, I gave them donations too and when I bought food for Rudy, I'm sure they gave it to the other dogs. She can only eat a certain brand because she has a sensitive stomach and they already had kibble and such that had other people had dropped off.

A few days after that I saw her posted online as available for adoption and I was taken aback by it. I later found out one of the people who tried to adopt her was a beagle breeder!
[notify]

Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Fri Oct 19, '12 6:15pm PST 
That sounds like an investigative report for Dateline or 20/20. My sister-in-law gave them an idea once and they used it. Please keep us posted on how it goes. I hope you get your pup back soon. hug
[notify]
Kali

Barked: Fri Oct 19, '12 6:20pm PST 
Also, I would still post the flyers saying that your dog was stolen. It was stolen. If someone does come forward, maybe they can help you prove your dog was stolen and the rescue is a fraud. If you wait too long, then the people might get too attached and not want to come forward. What are the police going to do? Arrest you for trying to find your dog? And if they do? Then the rescue can steal dogs and you aren't allowed to find yours? That's when I would call 20/20 or Dateline. Good Luck!
[notify]
y

dog-sitter in- charge.

Barked: Fri Oct 19, '12 7:31pm PST 
good breeders often work the rescue circuit too, cause they love the breed & want to help as many of them as they can..
[notify]
Kali

Barked: Sat Oct 20, '12 9:53am PST 
That's true Lilith. Kali's breeder rescued a King Shepherd that has EPI. The shelter was going to put her down. With proper treatment, she's flourishing. applause
[notify]
Rudy

Barked: Sat Oct 20, '12 1:02pm PST 
You have some valid points.

But since I don't anything about that breeder as far as I know he could either be reputable or he could be running a puppy mill since he was coming from out-of-state and I highly doubt they do follow ups after people adopt dogs and cats from them.

But I do know of a St. Bernard breeder who shows her dogs and offered to foster but apparently the rescue group she applied for would let her do it because her dogs were unaltered and from what I know, most dog show guidelines require the dogs be kept intact with the exception of the altered dog catagory.

Anyway, it took me a while to see a lawyer because they tend to be busy with other clients but I have a follow up appointment that's not too far off.

When I spoke to her and explained my situation. She agreed that I did the right thing by not confronting the shelter manager directly. He's the type of person where if I said something to him, he'd call it harrassment or tell the police he was being threated and they'd believe him.

Another thing is that they won't let me contact the people who have Rudy either but by the same token, one owner found out who adopted his cat and they've kept in touch ever since.

After my next appointment with the lawyer, taking my story to the local news station or newspaper would be the next step.
I honestly think if I were to go that route somebody would come forward about where Rudy is or whoever has her would have to return her.

The type of shelter I'm dealing with is pretty much like this one, check out the link:

Attorney General shuts down fake animal rescue
http://www.katu.com/news/specialreports/124742884.html
[notify]
y

dog-sitter in- charge.

Barked: Sat Oct 20, '12 2:08pm PST 
'you have some valid points..'
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Sat Oct 20, '12 2:52pm PST 
Why won't they let you contact the person who adopted Rudy? confused This shelter certainly does sound fake. frown
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 7: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7