GO!

BSL may soon be eliminated in my city

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Sat Nov 17, '12 6:15pm PST 
Farley..that is good news cheer As a stalwart gsd owner, I have seen my share of discrimination, so I know how it stings. Glad to see a jurisdiction applying good sense instead of knee-jerk reactions.
[notify]
Miklo

Will Jump For- Treats

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '12 10:20am PST 
If more people would educate themselves before making statements such as...Pit Bulls are an aggressive breed, they would think again. Yes, some dogs are more aggressive then others, but it's how a dog is trained that'll make the biggest difference for the owner & dog. Breed Specific Legislation has many breeds listed & most of the public is very unaware of what a real Pit Bull actually looks like. Media hype is also killing off this breed. Back-yard-breeders are killing off the breed for profit. If all who owns a listed breed would speak out or join an organization which fights against BSL, we all could win this fight. I'm with Roverlution.org I march yearly against BSL here in Brea, CA along with other Rovers. I for one will not back down from this fight.
[notify]
Samson

Work? What's- that?

Barked: Thu Dec 20, '12 5:43pm PST 
PB's may be somewhat more genetically inclined to be dog aggressive than many other breeds - but there's no reason, as a general rule, that they can't co-exist peacefully with other dogs. We aren't talking about black and white, we're talking about shades of gray.

There ARE some breeds that are genetically more inclined toward HA (livestock guardian breeds, although that's less true HA and more a side effect of genetic behavior they need to do their jobs), pit bulls are not one of them.
[notify]

Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Thu Dec 20, '12 6:38pm PST 
Ovcharkas sort of look like big teddy bears laugh out loud shock silenced

I have had many years in Dobermans and German Shepherds. My Dobermans elicited a tremendous caution from people. I don't think I had anyone approach my Dobermans without asking. GSDs often can inspire people to keep a safe distance. Giant Schnauzers lure people in like moths to a flame but are amply more aggressive than both breeds put together.

Pit Bulls are sweeter and more tactile than any of them, and often the most appreciative of an overture from a stranger. Really sad that the negative press would encourage that sort of opinion from a dog lover frown
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2