GO!

The PitBull Discussion

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 7 of 7: Viewing entries 61 to 67)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 6:08am PST 
This is an interesting discussion......I do NOT support banning of any breed!! I think it is a ridiculous assumption to ban the entire breed because of a few bad eggs......there are bad eggs in every single breed out there I am sure!
Same thing as human children, there are some kids who get in fights all of the time, but you can't blame all kids for that, it was simply those "bad eggs"
so to speak anyways.....hope you all got what I meant there BOL!!!
I certainly dont think Pit owners should have to not bring their dog to a dog park because other people might be scared. Any breed of whom the owner cannot trust, and has had past issues at parks or with other people or dogs in general should know enough not to bring their dogs to a dog park.
If we are sitting here saying you can't blame an entire breed for certain things but then say but you shouldn't bring him to the dog park.....well that's just silly.
I own 2 Huskies currently, but previously owned a Pit and a Rottie, they were extremely sweet dogs, and never harmed or never would harm anybody or anything.
puppy
[notify]
Comet

Peanut Butter- Lover

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 2:06pm PST 
Interesting, I JUST posted a problem I was having with my neighbor's dog who is a PitBull. I love all dogs, no matter the breed. I believe the problem isn't usually the dog, it's the owner. With that said, I do believe that certain breeds require a more responsible pet owner and I believe Pits are one of those breeds. I know some very responsible Pit owners that have the sweetest pups ever. But then there are people like my neighbors that chain their dog in the backyard 24/7 and hit them. Their dog is mean, I wonder why, and when a dog is as strong and as big as a Pit is, mean is scary and deadly.
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 5:57pm PST 
Well said Comet applause
[notify]

Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 8:21pm PST 
From what I understand chaining up any dog, especially terriers, makes them crazy...sad how many people do it anyway. We have a neighboring border collie who is condemned to the yard at all hours...
[notify]
Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 9:32pm PST 
I would love to chain up the stupid owners for ... oh, let's say...several weeks 24/7...and then ban them from ever having another dog.

Yep, not sorry for that attitude either.

I LOVE pitties and have NEVER met one with a mean bone.

But there are plenty of really dumb humans out there that should never have a pet of any kind or reproduce themselves.
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Wed Feb 13, '13 12:13pm PST 
It is very sad to see dogs who are forced to live outdoors 24/7. It has never made sense to me why you would even have a dog, if you will only keep it outside, and not in as part of the family??? confused Why own one??? Why not re home to someone who will love them and make them family?? shrug
......some people
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Wed Feb 13, '13 8:27pm PST 
BTW has anybody heard the ongoing story about that baseball player Mark Buehrle.
Plays for the Toronto Blue Jays, he is coming from Florida to Toronto, and was planning on bringing his family and his dog.....which happens to be a PitBull, with him to Toronto.....because he has a Pittie, the dog is not allowed to come there with him, so now he has to leave his whole family (including the dog) in Florida.
How horrible is that.....I am getting pretty tired of this whole thing, this breed is being "crapped" on and it is not fair to the people who own and have raised these dogs right! Shame on the world for taking it out on the whole breed of PitBulls.
[notify]
  (Page 7 of 7: Viewing entries 61 to 67)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7