GO!

Should dog abandoned on mountain be given back: Part 2, update

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Thu Sep 20, '12 9:00am PST 
Awesome!!! cheercheercheer
[notify]
Maci & Harley & Jigar

Golden butts

Barked: Thu Sep 20, '12 12:29pm PST 
Thank you everyone for the updates. Wonderful news is always great to hear!
[notify]
Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Thu Sep 20, '12 4:46pm PST 
I think they are still working out the legal procedures, but it sounds like it's definitely going to happen soon. The rescuer, John, who will likely get her brought his dogs to the shelter for a visit--they look pretty good together! From the Brothers of Lucky Rescue FB page:

Lucky with her future family

cloud 9
[notify]

Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Thu Sep 20, '12 9:21pm PST 
cloud 9 applause dancing
[notify]
Ginger DSA- ThD TT CGC - &hearts

My Angel

Barked: Fri Sep 21, '12 9:56pm PST 
I just wanted to mention, a lot of times when dogs are involved in legal matters they do end up sitting in a shelter, sometimes for months or even years... Many dogs who are involved in cruelty or neglect cases are also euthanized once the case is over if they are relinquished.
I never really thought about this until I found out about a program in my area run by a group called Safe Humane Chicago, called Court Case Dogs where they advocate for dogs involved in these types of cases, and work to get them released/relinquished as soon as possible, so they can be fostered and adopted out. They also work with the dogs to rehabilitate and socialize them while they are waiting to be adopted.
It's really unfortunate what many dogs who are involved in legal situations have to go through, as in most areas they don't have programs like these. In this case, the dog has a lot of people who care to advocate for her, but most animals involved in these cases do not have that.

Here's an article about it if anyone is interested:
http://fox6now.com/2012/07/11/chicago-court-case-dogs-p rogram-could-serve-as-model-for-milwaukee/

Edited by author Fri Sep 21, '12 9:57pm PST

[notify]
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Sun Sep 23, '12 8:56pm PST 
I have visited the shelter where Missy is at a few years ago. It's a new building and is nice. Really nice people too! I would rather her be there, than given back to a irresponsible neglectful person. A lot of the mountain town animal control facilities in Colorado are above average and not nearly as crowded as the ones in other states and cities. I know ours which is not very far away is stellar.

Anthony Ortolani was receiving death threats, maybe that had something to do with his decision. I am so glad he did the right thing whatever his reasons are. Glad the dog will eventually go home with a more caring person. dancing
[notify]
Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Wed Sep 26, '12 7:22pm PST 
Missy got to go to her new home with the rescuer, John Steed today!

Missy free!
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Thu Sep 27, '12 6:19am PST 
cheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheer It's so wonderful to hear that that sweet girl is in a home that will love and care for her properly. I know that he is one of her rescuer's and from what I have read and seen they all said that she never should have been taken to that type of terrain because it is too dangerous and can cause severe injuries. I'm so thrilled for her that she is HOME !!!!
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Fri Sep 28, '12 4:25am PST 
applauseapplausecheercheerdancingdancingway to goway to gosnoopysnoopypartyhamster danceblue dogdog walk Awesome!!!
[notify]
Ace

Mischief is my- middle name

Barked: Sun Oct 14, '12 11:19am PST 
So glad to see some good news, because I'm about to post something where there wasn't a happy ending :'(
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4