GO!

Dog Laws in the state of WA

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

Alice

Alice...in- Wonderland?

Barked: Fri Mar 9, '12 8:47am PST 
Okay, so we might be moving from Las Vegas, Nevada to Seattle, WA and I would like to know if there are any laws or restrictions on owning a Rottweiler/GSD mix? thinking

Thanks!
[notify]
Bruno CGC

Honorary Kelpie

Barked: Fri Mar 9, '12 11:05am PST 
No state BSL laws per se, but the city or county might have their own restrictions (not likely, but might). Most likely is if you are renting a house or apartment, that the management or rental company might have breed restrictions so you should find out about that in advance.

Good luck with the move, I hear Seattle is a pretty dog-friendly area for the most part!
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Fri Mar 9, '12 11:34am PST 
This varies so much by area and is so locally specific, your best bet is to research the local ordinances. Sometimes those are found on the city/town website, if that's not up to date, contact the local city hall about where ordinances and regulations regarding pet dogs can be found.

Best of luck on your move!
[notify]

Alice

Alice...in- Wonderland?

Barked: Fri Mar 9, '12 7:38pm PST 
Thanks guys. wink
[notify]
Daddy

Changing one- mind at a time - APBT style

Barked: Sat Mar 10, '12 7:41pm PST 
I agree to look into local counties specifically. I know one county at least used to have restrictions, I'm thinking breed specific mandated spay/neuter.
[notify]
Titus

Cave canis- vigilo omnis

Barked: Sun Mar 11, '12 10:36am PST 
Seattle proper hasn't any restrictions... in fact, it's pretty dog friendly. Dogster Teddy (pibble mix) lives in Seattle and rides public transit with him way to go
[notify]