GO!

Snare traps set can kill family pets beware.

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2  
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Tue Feb 21, '12 12:31pm PST 
We were unable to cut thru with the cutters we have on hand for 9 and 11 gauge chainlink. That is hardened steel, unfortunately. And, yes, Sanka, it IS different with a poor, live dog or cat stuck in it. We finally anesthestized the cat to settle him down and to protect our fingers since his back leg was caught. (And, sadly, as animals often do when caught, he was attempting to bite his own leg off to get it out of the trap.)
NASTY things!!!!
I am a country girl and I do understand trapping and hunting and all, but NO ONE should be placing a conibear trap in someone's back yard just because it's legal!!!!!Legal and moral are two separate issues!
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Wed Feb 22, '12 12:57pm PST 
That's why Pat Burns (the author of that page Chan linked) recommends always carrying good strong boot laces in the field. Definitely was a good idea to get some practice in if your dogs are offleash around conibear lines, Sanka. I don't see many, thankfully.

Those damn things are nasty.

Toto, that's absolutely true. In my post back there, that's what I meant. It might be legal to trap on public lands in NJ, but no one should be placing them in a WALKING TRAIL for goodness sakes! Moral and legal are often totally separate things.
[notify]
Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Wed Feb 22, '12 3:40pm PST 
Hmm, is it legal for a human who finds one to make off with it? thinking

Hope I never run into any animal traps like that, but I'd want to render it harmless if I did . . . .
[notify]

Kato

Birds!

Barked: Thu Feb 23, '12 5:43am PST 
The one I found, I locked it so it couldn't be set off by a critter and hung it in a tree.laugh out loud

If the trapper finds that, I'd love to see the look on his face. I don't think he knows someone hikes that creek.

Edited by author Thu Feb 23, '12 5:43am PST

[notify]

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 12:10pm PST 
Minnesota residents, please consider signing the petition for Safe Public Lands at

http://signon.org/sign/safe-public-lands
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 8:07pm PST 
Well, if I ever find one of those things, I am going to make sure it is destroyed, even if I have to carry it home and use a torch on it.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2