GO!

why don't people pick up their dogs poop!!

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 5 of 7: Viewing entries 41 to 50)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Sun Jul 29, '12 6:14pm PST 
Wow guest that video is just sad. How lazy can you get I mean you have a plastic bag just pick it up! The dog is a small dog so it can't be hard to pick it up..

Even if you have big dog pick it up. I see huge giant dog poop at the park all the time also small poop or poop on sidewalk and pathways! I dont get it.

The park even provides tons of trash cans and bags so no excuses oh I forgot bags..
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Mon Jul 30, '12 11:00am PST 
Oh I almost forgot about this one time a guy on my street was walking his minnie schnauzer and he picked up the dog poop and dropped it in the sewer. He was a new immigrant from China, so I don't think he realized how gross it was and that he was polluting our drinking water. In China people don't drink tap water.
[notify]
Bruno

Always by your- side, no matter- where!

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '12 1:04am PST 
I'm not too bothered when people leave poo in the woods. I get it, its the woods, you can't even be sure if it was a dog. But what I hate is when people leave their dogs poo on MY property. My neighbors moved in several months ago, they walk their dog all the time, and they NEVER pick up the damn poop from walks. I get funny looks from my neighbors when I walk my dog because these people leave so much poo around. I really think about picking it all up and leaving it on their door step. Its not hard to pick it up, yeah its gross, its friggin poo! They make tons of little baggie dispensers for leashes, don't be rude as heck and leave it on my lawn. The only poo I want to pick up is my own dogs.
[notify]

MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '12 5:12am PST 
Bruno that is a battle I have yet to win myself.My dogs are not allowed out front unless they are on the porch with us,they do not use the front lawn as a potty spot,yet I have to clean up there on a near daily basis and it always seems to be the same people. I would in all honesty like to not have to clean up after my dogs,it is gross,but know that it just comes along with being a responsible dog owner,besides no one wants to step in it even if it did come from their dog.
[notify]
Titus

Cave canis- vigilo omnis

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '12 9:31pm PST 
Erm... I *might* have returned some deposits on my lawn to the rightful 'owner' with a note telling them, "I have plenty, thanks anyway". winkbig grin
[notify]
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Thu Sep 6, '12 5:57pm PST 
Titus, you are my hero.
[notify]
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Sat Sep 8, '12 3:20pm PST 
I come across a lot of horse poop too and it is in the middle of the trail. The poop is a lot bigger than my 15 pound dog's droppings. I think the horse poop is worse, especially if it's in an area where there are lot of riders and the ground is wet. I have rode through a disgusting puddle with horse poop in it on my mountain bike. I was unaware of the danger until my bike sprayed my back with smelly horse poo mud. I smelt it instantly after I rode through it. It was all over me and my bicycle. Horses should have to wear poop bags on their butts.

I finally bought a poop bag keychain holder thing. I like it. In the past I would underestimate the amount of bags I need and would not have enough. Now I always have the bags and can clip the holder to my pants.
[notify]
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Sat Sep 8, '12 4:32pm PST 
I'd personally rather come across horse poop than dog poop anyway - it smells better.
[notify]
Moose

I love sitting- in laps

Barked: Sun Sep 9, '12 2:03pm PST 
Last night I took Moose out front for one last potty before bedtime. About 10pm.
He decides he's got to go on this patch of dead grass and weeds that's public property, but a car was parking right there as he's going. And he's got the trots. Bad. It's just brown liquid coming out.

So, the guy gets out and goes around the front of his car and goes inside. So I thought. Moose and I get about 15ft away and the guy comes outside and almost steps in it. I see him look down so I shout to him to look out right there.
Luckily the guy was cool. He laughed and made a comment about Moose having eaten something bad.

There was no way I could have picked that up. I would have just smeared it.
But, I was mortified still. At that hour I'm thinking no one will be out let alone walking right there. shock

The beach I take Moose to is an off leash beach and it's quite popular on sunny days with families hanging out. And there's a big battle going on right now about whether to close the beach to dogs. I'm sure poopy sand is one of the reasons.
It infuriates me when people don't pick up after their dogs there. I mean come on. It's a beach. With kids digging in the sand.
So, if I see a pile that's not been picked up, I'll pick it up. Or if I see a dog going and no one around the dog or no one making a move to pick it up, I'll say something outloud. Like, "Hey. Someone's dog is going potty". When I've done that, people are quick to get to it and say "thank you".
Sometimes I'll leave the beach with 2 or three poop bags and only one belonging to Moose.

Edited by author Sun Sep 9, '12 2:13pm PST

[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Mon Sep 10, '12 5:55am PST 
I think all of us at one time or another have had a case where there just was no way to pick it up,Dogs are dogs and will get into something they shouldn't eat resulting in poop that has about the same ability to be picked up as water. In those instances I am fine with the owner leaving it,although I would rather they not leave it on my front lawn. For me it is those who can pick it up and just don't that upset me.

Titus- as for some of my regular depositors,I would love to return their property to them,along with dividends.Unfortunately,I would have to follow them home to find out where they live,and I don't have the time or energy to do so. I have however reduced the number of them by walking outside with a poop bag and having them pick it up before moving on.Doing that in front of other neighbors seems to be a great motivator for some reason.wink
[notify]
  (Page 5 of 7: Viewing entries 41 to 50)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7