GO!

why don't people pick up their dogs poop!!

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 3 of 7: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  
Titus

Cave canis- vigilo omnis

Barked: Mon Jan 16, '12 5:22pm PST 
We have poop pick-up laws here, too. It's a water quality issue because we get our water from an underground aquifer that's fed by runoff... The more feces that's in the water, the more treatment is necessary to make it potable, which makes water a LOT more expensive. We've lost two off-leash areas this year because people weren't picking up after their dogs.
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Mon Jan 16, '12 6:15pm PST 
I think it's disgusting and rude not to pick up after your dogs. frown The most lame excuse I've heard is that it's good for the ground. confused
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Tue Jan 17, '12 10:22am PST 
I feel safer walking at night with a full poo bag in hand! Any person or stray animal comes at me is getting a bag of poop flung in their face. laugh out loud
[notify]

Charlie

Barked: Tue Jan 17, '12 2:04pm PST 
I pick up my dogs poop even when out on trails. The exception is if I can not find it, it is too hard to get to or it is too runny to pu then I put dirt over it. One vacation when Black was working as son's service dog we were on a no dog trail. Black all of a sudden got the squirts. I picked up as much as possible including surrounding dirt. and the kids went and found dirt to put over the spot. That was embarrassing. red face My children and I like to go play in woods. I hate coming across dog poop. It seems that dog poop sticks on shoes more and stinks more. Maybe not but the few times we come across wild animal poop it does not seem as bad. My front lawn is used as a poop area for a lot of dog walkers but I am unable to figure out who. My dogs go poop out there at night so I pu all of it.
[notify]
Shiloh ITD

GIMME BACON!

Barked: Tue Jan 17, '12 6:55pm PST 
I keep poop bags on me all the time. If I forget to bring one, I use a stick and push it off the trail and cover it.

I clean up my dog's gross, warm, smelly poop! Why can't everyone else?? At least push it to the side!
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Tue Jan 17, '12 8:47pm PST 
Shiloh,
I agree with you. I would prefer they pick it up. My front lawn IS off to the side and most likely where they would push it to be off the side walk. I live in a small city and it is illegal not to scoop here but unlikely to be enforced. I hate cleaning up after other people's pets. I clean up warm,stinky,gross piles when my pups go and they are trained to stay off other peoples lawns. I wish all pet owners would be considerate to other people and take care of any mess they make. Just because I scoop my back yard daily does not mean I want to do the front yard as well. My pups are not allowed in the front yard. I guess those that allow their pets to use my front lawn as a potty figure no harm since I have to clean up after my pups anyway or they just don't like cleaning up warm,stinky piles of poop.
[notify]
The 2012 - Amigos

All fur One and- One fur all!

Barked: Wed Jan 18, '12 8:00am PST 
I HATE it when people don't pick up after their dogs!!!!!
I worked for 2 years making a beautiful garden in my front yard by the sidewalk and I can't tell you how many time's I've picked up someone else's poop in there. Now THAT is gross!
I hate walking on the sidewalk and having to step around poop or taking my granddaughter to the park and having to watch out for poop.
I don't like picking it up either but that's what responsible dog owners do.PERIOD! I've walked 5 dogs at a time and ALWAYS pick up after each and every one!
On the very rare occasion that I do not have a bag I have gone back with a bag to pick it up!
Bottom line is that is rude to leave your dogs mess for someone else to clean up!
[notify]
smoky

sweetie

Barked: Wed Jan 18, '12 8:15am PST 
People who don't pick up poo should not have pets.It goes with the territory.I'm so glad when my pups poos outside I pick up the poo with a smile.I save my shopping plastic bags just for this.People who break poo laws will hollar if some poo pups leaves a surprise in their frontlawns.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Wed Jan 18, '12 8:56am PST 
2012 Amigos that is one of my scheduled projects for this spring or next. To put a decorative garden in the front yard and eliminate any need to mow the front lawn.Our yard is not very big and the pups have the back yard so my garden will be in the front. I do not look forward to having to pick poop out of there or having my garden trampled either but due to irresponsible and uncaring pet owners I know I will have to deal with both. I also think picking up poop is just part of dog ownership and have enough of a brain to be considerate of others feelings there are quite a few of my neighbors who do not even own pets but have to deal with the same rudeness that I do. I feel really bad for them.
[notify]
Tyson

Ball?! Did- someone say- BALL?!!!!!

Barked: Wed Jan 18, '12 9:25am PST 
I don't get it either. I will pick it up if it can be picked up. Once in a while, Tysons bowels will act up and he'll have a really loose one and I can't get those. I am lucky in that we have not one but two doggy-doo stations located across the street from my sons school. If I forget a bag, I just grab a few of those (one for each dog and one for the known incident). Oh, and I try to bring a handled bag for trash too. What is with people dumping their crap these days? Seriously, I leave my cans in the front of my house for a reason. I wouldn't mind if someone dropped their poo bag into one. At least, they are picking up after themselves.

I would say something, politely, to your neighbor about his dog waste. That's just rude.

Just a heads up to those that don't because of non-biodegradability of the bags, they make biodegradable pick up bags.

Penny, that's just awesome. I deal with digging neighbor dogs in a similar way. If they dig into my yard, I refill the holes with dog waste and a couple of inches of dirt. They don't seem to like starting their digging and SURPRISE! finding their paws in feces. Since I started doing this, I have, single-handedly stopped 4 different neighbor dogs' bad behavior and not just along my fence either. And, yes, I have talked to the neighbors about why their dogs naughty behavior suddenly stopped.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 7: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7