GO!

Another pit bull attack news clip

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

Farley

Farlekiin the- Dragonborn

Barked: Wed Jan 11, '12 5:47pm PST 
"pack of pit bulls" attack family dog Chewy, in its own yard. Cop shoots 2 of the 3 alleged pit bulls dead, after the baton failed to work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5d_4-R5jj4

Please remove any spaces from the URL if it doesn't work.

Edited by author Wed Jan 11, '12 5:47pm PST

[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Thu Jan 12, '12 3:54am PST 
Farley,things like this are so sad and the irresponsibility of dog owners like this is exactly why people scream for BSL. It's too bad the dogs suffered the effects of bad ownership. I think it would be much better to ban idiots from owning pets than ban whole breeds for the actions of a few owned by people who should not have them.Please keep us posted with any updates.
[notify]
Zephyr

Barked: Thu Jan 12, '12 9:04pm PST 
Eight times AC had been called out for loose dogs to that house. Sheesh. In that case I have no qualms about the officer shooting the dogs. I'm curious if they are pits or just vaguely bully looking.

I hope the Bedlington's owners take the other owners to civil court.

Edited by author Thu Jan 12, '12 9:06pm PST

[notify]

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Fri Jan 13, '12 6:03am PST 
It is unnerving that they just briefly mention once how AC was called 8 times to that place, yet make a point to say pit bull numerous times. The 911 call clip was something like "we call about these dogs...".

With all the pit bull talk, it sounds like "these dogs" was referencing pit bulls. Just the way it was set up...rather sad, but I see it as intentional.

Given AC was called 8 times, I'd suspect "these dogs" was meant in terms of the specific dogs living at the residence, not the breed.
[notify]
Tyson

Ball?! Did- someone say- BALL?!!!!!

Barked: Fri Jan 13, '12 7:03am PST 
Yeah, Sanka, you are probably right. I'm just wondering how many times does AC need to be called about loose and possibly aggressive dogs before they will DO something proactive instead of reactive.
[notify]
Nicky

World's Cutest- Leprechaun

Barked: Fri Jan 13, '12 9:59am PST 
Ugh, we're having our own pit bull hysteria here in Chicago at the moment
[notify]
Cookie

Can I have your- food? PLEASE?!

Barked: Sun Jan 15, '12 5:45pm PST 
OOH! I HATE things like this! They absoluetly SCREAM BSL!!! Urgh! Okay, this scenario:
1) Jindo dogs attack a guy; Headline: Dogs attak man. Owner being charged.

2) A pit bull attacks a guy; Headline: Pitt bulls attack man. Dogs shot by police

I always notice how if any other breed beside a pit bull attacks someone the headlines just say dogs but when there's a pit bull involed they always have to emphasise that point!naughtynaughtynaughtynaughtynaughty
[notify]
Hula

This is MY- stuffie!

Barked: Wed Feb 1, '12 9:28am PST 
What a Shame! Irresponsible owner and the dogs have to pay the ultimate price.
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Wed Feb 1, '12 9:41am PST 
We had an incident about 4 years ago around here. Two dogs chased a kid on a bicycle into a cornfield and he got bit. I had been chased by the same dogs while running and knew just which house they came from.

I had spoken to the woman from the house and her suggestion was "just stay away from here" even though I was on the other side of a public road.

AND after they bit the kid there was a big to-do with all the news sources referring to them as "Pit Bulls."

The dogs were an apparently pure bred boxer and a shepherd mix. And the owner was an idiot, as in many of these cases.
[notify]