GO!

Can the owner of an unaltered loose male dog be made to pay at least part of the vet bill?

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 6 of 6: Viewing entries 51 to 55)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  
Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Fri Jan 6, '12 8:22pm PST 
If my above post ends up getting bathed or removed or whatever, it will be for mentioning controversial subjects, not because I said something nasty (which I didn't)...just so you know.

Edited by author Fri Jan 6, '12 8:23pm PST

[notify]
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Fri Jan 6, '12 8:51pm PST 
Yeah, not to derail it, but just wanted to say Gray Dawn Treader that that was something that also boggled my mind.

I always did reports on Dr. Kevorkian, Terri Schiavo and such. That concept intrigued me, and I never could pick one side. But it always brought me back to the euthing of pets....that it was seen as a good thing. But doing the same to a person, even one willing to go through it and in a sane state of mind...that is seen as murder.

But again, just wanted to comment to say that rattles my brain a bit too.
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Fri Jan 6, '12 11:10pm PST 
I would far rather abort puppies then scrape starved young dogs off roads.
How about looking at six sweet faces with haunted eyes and deciding which three should dodge the needle for one more day.
What about the burden for the real dog lovers who can't afford the dogs they have but can't say no to one more baby who shouldn't have been born.
Lets think about Gabriel who probably froze to death stuffed in a cardboard box with his siblings because an irresponsible owner dumped the litter they couldn't bother to prevent after the pups all got sick and couldn't be sold. So much kinder to let the babies suffer and die. Scared and cold in the dark.
These are not people they are dogs that no one wants who are very likely doomed to a life of suffering. Mercy should always rise above rightousness.
[notify]

MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sat Jan 7, '12 12:04am PST 
Very well said Sabi. As much as we all hate the idea not all dogs can be saved. These puppies will be far better off not having been born to begin with than to face starvation,being shot for running loose on someone else's land as OP says is permitted in their area, being hit by cars,killed by other animals,or living any kind of life on the streets or being victims of the same fate as their mother who seems to have no real home or proper care. As sad as it is and as much as I'm sure all of us here really don't like the idea and would much rather someone had been willing to be responsible for the mother,it is far easier to improve the situation of one than it is what could be many more. The best option would have been for the mother to have been spayed to prevent this from ever having happened,now the spay abort is the next best option.These puppies will never be born to suffer and it won't happen again.
[notify]
Rocket

Rocket Dog!

Barked: Tue Jan 10, '12 5:17pm PST 
frown
[notify]
  (Page 6 of 6: Viewing entries 51 to 55)  
1  2  3  4  5  6