GO!

an ethical question for vegetarians and vegans?

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

Topic closed to new posts.
(Page 8 of 8: Viewing entries 71 to 72)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Lisa

Always my angel.

Barked: Fri Dec 23, '11 12:05pm PST 
I just would never for any reason within my means impose an ethical belief on animals.

Well, you impose an ethical belief on your dogs when you don't buy them from pet stores, or when you don't buy products for them from pet stores that sell live animals, assuming that you do so because you object to that particular industry. For me, this is similar. I still get the dogs what they need, but not from an industry I feel is unethical.

I wouldn't impose an ethical belief on my pets that negatively impacts their health, but I do impose a wide variety of non-harmful beliefs on my dogs all the time, ethical and otherwise. I'm willing to bet that most pet owners are the same way.

(Edited for clarity and to add the quote at the beginning.)

Edited by author Fri Dec 23, '11 12:06pm PST

[notify]
Dogster HQ

Barked: Fri Dec 23, '11 12:47pm PST 
Hi,

We have closed this thread. Threads can be closed temporarily or permanently for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common reasons are: the thread has gone off topic; the thread is not in the 'spirit' of Dogster; the thread is no longer fun, friendly or informational; the thread has been discussed at length in other threads; or we cannot provide adequate moderation at this time.

Please let HQ know if you have any questions.

HQ

(Page 8 of 8: Viewing entries 71 to 72)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8