GO!

Shame on Denton Texas! Poor puppy

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Foxxy

Pocket Wolf

Barked: Sat Nov 5, '11 12:23am PST 
This is a sad day for a cute 6 month old dogo argentino name Skulli. The dog belongs to the parents of a friend's girlfriend, but he spends a lot of time with my friend.

A month ago, this six month old dogo puppy was out in his fenced in backyard in Denton Texas. There is no BSL in denton. Around midnight, a 16 year old repeat offender jumped the fence trying to steal power tools. The kid stabbed the puppy in the armpit so this 6 month old puppy bit the kid on the arm and on the hand. The puppy lost three teeth in the kid's arm.

Meanwhile, the kid's buddy was on the other side of the fence calling animal control. Animal control came and tried to illegally seize the dog saying that it was a pitbull and vicious. Two of the owners refused, but the police bullied the mother into giving it to animal control.

They got it back quickly because of the nature of the seizure, but since the kid lost a couple of fingers, there had to be a court date to determine the viciousness of the dog. The parents stupidly refused council and the judge threw the book at the dog, calling it vicious.

To repeat. 16 year old attempts armed burglary, stabs a 6 month old puppy, who bites the kid on the arm and hand, and the kid gets off light while the puppy is declared vicious. He came by today, and he had been taken again and neutered by the city, and a post with a red tag was bolted through his ear that declared the dog vicious. The parents got the bill for the procedures.

The friend is calling his lawyer in the morning to see if we can get a new hearing for the pup, because it's just not right. They had only had the puppy for two weeks before this incident and now the dog's whole life is ruined and tainted by this bogus ruling. The kid waived his rights the moment he jumped the fence into the backyard. He got what he deserved and it's not fair that a 6 month old puppy had to be declared vicious and mutilated because he was defending himself from an armed attacker. Shame on Denton Texas for the whole thing.

Edited by author Sat Nov 5, '11 12:26am PST

[notify]
Donovan'sMajesticJet of Solace

Street sweeper!

Barked: Sat Nov 5, '11 2:52am PST 
I am shocked by this. Texas is known to have great laws when it comes to animal control and trespassing. I suggest you contact Dr. Jesus Rosales Ruis at the university of north texas there in Denton. He is a world reknowed animal behaviorist with a speciality in dog aggression. He may be able to help.
[notify]
Twister

wouldn't harm a- fly...XD

Barked: Sat Nov 5, '11 6:48am PST 
naughty ooo! This makes me so mad!! I love Dogos!!frown That kid should be jail, not all this other junk happening!! Grrrr!! If a petition or something is started up post it! I will definitely sign! Let us know what happens!! Poor pup!!hug
[notify]

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Sat Nov 5, '11 7:01am PST 
Can't you shoot and kill intruders in Texas?

This case makes no sense. I hate to do it, but I'm saying it's a breed thing. Were it a lab, the dog would be seen as heroic.

And they tag the dog in the EAR!?! It's a dog, not a cow.

I know the law is once you commit a crime, you are at fault for what happens. Like a case a bit ago where a few guys robbed a house and 1 of the robbers died from the home owner shooting him. The other robbers were charged with murder because it happened while they were committing a crime.
[notify]
Beauregard

Barked: Sat Nov 5, '11 7:09am PST 
This is totally not fair. Poor pup, I hope everything turns out well for
Skulli. I think a petition would be a good idea to. I would definitely sign it. I hope the idiot who stabbed this poor pup also has a red tag bolted through his ear declaring that he is vicious. He should have gotten in a lot more trouble than the poor pup did. Some people make me so mad.
[notify]
Bella and- Daisy CGC

I'm a Meanie

Barked: Sat Nov 5, '11 7:18am PST 
Honestly, the needed a good lawyer.

But, I'm not surprised. In some states a robber can sue for damages if they are injured while breaking into your house. Go figure. shrug
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sat Nov 5, '11 9:18am PST 
Would also sign a petition. Part of a dogs job is to protect home and family and this poor puppy was also only trying to defend it's own life when it bit. Youthful offender should have been charged with animal cruelty for stabbing the dog as well as the attempted robbery.
Vicious dog my butt!!!
[notify]
Titus

Cave canis- vigilo omnis

Barked: Sat Nov 5, '11 12:37pm PST 
If the bite took place on their (the dog's) own property, it should not have been deemed criminally dangerous. The bite victim DOES have the right to sue civilly though, regardless of the circumstances of the bite, but most of those sorts of cases get thrown out when it's discovered the victim was committing a crime against the property or property owner at the time they were bitten...

We frequently don't get the whole story in some of these accounts though, and the devil is in the details.
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Sat Nov 5, '11 3:58pm PST 
Jee whiz, what is this world coming to? frown The evil is everywhere. frown What's coming next, ax murderers are gonna be allowed to roam the streets?
[notify]
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Sat Nov 5, '11 5:16pm PST 
in my state, if a dog bites someone committing an illegal act, the dog is not condemned for it.

a tag in the ear????

Edited by moderator Wed Nov 16, '11 8:28am PST

Edited by forums moderator
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3