GO!

Sad morning with rude neighbors.

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Fri Nov 4, '11 6:14am PST 
Yes, fences are sometimes the problem. MY neighbor got mad because my dogs would come near his fence, causing his dogs to charge the fence and bark.

You mention your dad...have you talked to him. If you are very young you shouldn't have to deal with the nutty neighbors...ask your dad for help. He certainly can't be happy about the neighbors yelling at his kid.

(I might know how old you are, but can't remember. I am NOT so young!)
[notify]
Chinabell

dancing in the- sunshine

Barked: Fri Nov 4, '11 7:57pm PST 
If there is any way possible get it on video. If the law has to become involved then you will have your proof. I do not like for people to start things like that. I hope you get things settled soon. It's a scarey situation for your dogs.
[notify]
Mr. Bernie Wiggles

Adopt me!!

Barked: Sat Nov 5, '11 6:40am PST 
A fence could actually cause more problems. Several years ago my parents (who live out in the country, have 17 acres) had problems with the people he bought the land from. They kept coming onto the property, allowed their cows and dogs to come onto the land, fished in the pond, and probably hunted too (my dad hates hunting). The land was already partially fenced in, so he went ahead and fenced in the rest facing the problem neighbor. The problem with the cows stopped, but the neighbors just started cutting the fence, and while they were gone on a trip, their sheds were shot up & things stolen. So, yeah, things escalated. The police could not prove who stole the things. My dad did go over there and give them a piece of his mind regarding the fence cutting though. We no longer have any problems with them.

My parents have no trespassing signs posted all along the edges of their property, and took pictures of the signs. You could try that, and document any time you see your neighbor and/or his dogs on your property. Take pictures/video, as well as write down the time and date.
Good luck!hug
[notify]

Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Tue Nov 15, '11 11:05pm PST 
Saya, I hear you loud and clear. I wish we all could have neighbors that were dog savvy and respectful, who socialized their pets and leashed them and did the right thing. What a wonderful world that would be.

If he goes to put up a fence, make sure he does not try to step on your land. Measure it or get the original documents stating its size out if you think he has, and go to the police. I'm glad you confronted that snake and it sounds like you kept your cool. He needs to know that what he's doing is not okay, especially poisoning groundhogs where your animals might get at the poison.

Some people are so rude I swear, they make me so angry silenced
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2