GO!

Sad morning with rude neighbors.

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Mon Oct 24, '11 10:02am PST 
Here's how my morning went wake up took Bella to potty gave her pills. cleaned dishes. woke Saya up took her to potty went to pick green onions from garden with Saya.

Dumb ass neighbor starts yelling at me!

He says don't come on my land! My dog's here.

I say I'm not going over there and I'll go over there If I want to control your dog! My dad was out practicing with his bow he hears this of coarse and yells leash up your dog! The old man yells she is on my land!

Oh no she wasn't the wife and husband and dog was on the easement dumping their ashes and wood planks near an area on the easement where it goes to my pond!

There's even a spring there that flows into the pond sometimes.. I worry them dumping these ashes, corn, grass and wood planks will cause an issue with my pond.

I'm so sick of this neighbor and their dog they let it roam and it runs into my backyard a lot to get after my dog Bella or Saya. When I walk on the street by their yard the dog chases after me snarling and growling.

I'm almost cried due to how rude this idiot was.

I did nothing wrong they have the dog aggressive dog or reactive either way and they let it roam free chasing every person, kid, biker, and dog?

I hope to see them near my yard again I'll give them piece of my mine for being so rude to me and for dumping their crap close to my pond.

They had tires there once. I wished I took picture of it before we took them and threw them away.

I know just not walk near the house I wish it was that easy..

I've owned two dogs before who were dog reactive to strange dogs they didn't know I never let them act this way. I didn't allow them to have free reign of the place. I worked and trained them exercised them and so on.
[notify]
Cooper

Cooper- Peace_Love_&Bell- y Rubs!!!

Barked: Wed Nov 2, '11 12:36am PST 
Have they always been like this with you?? If they have always been like this then it's time to get the law on your side. I'm not one to call cops every five minutes but from experience neighbors who fly off the handle at you but won't control their dog are just trouble .I personally wouldn't put up with them. Look up leash laws in your area. I would also look up the litter law. Because their garbage will damage your pond eventually. Yeah too bad about no photos of the tires. I'm sorry to hear about the hassle they are giving you and your family.
[notify]
Samson

Work? What's- that?

Barked: Wed Nov 2, '11 3:01am PST 
I would definitely recommend to start building a police record against them in case they tried to pull anything majorly stupid.

Make sure you know *all* the little infractions related to littering, pets, etc, things like that. Police probably aren't going to be able to do much but when something major happens that comes down to a he-said she-said sort of deal - say, they threaten you or your dogs - it does not look good for them that they have a history.
[notify]

MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Wed Nov 2, '11 5:07am PST 
I agree with the other posters. Start a police file to protect yourself and your dogs. I'm so sorry that you have to deal with stuff like this,it's one reason I put up a fence but I know that's not always possible. I have a neighbor who doesn't purposly let her dog loose but also no longer bothers to go get it when it does and it came to my house and attacked Mika before. Mika being an Akita kinda got the blame but neither dog was hurt. When we added Kai we added the fence to keep from having anymore problems. I really don't know that you can put any type of marker or fence on an easement though. I can only say I sympathize with your problem and best of luck.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Wed Nov 2, '11 5:08am PST 
I agree with the other posters. Start a police file to protect yourself and your dogs. I'm so sorry that you have to deal with stuff like this,it's one reason I put up a fence but I know that's not always possible. I have a neighbor who doesn't purposly let her dog loose but also no longer bothers to go get it when it does and it came to my house and attacked Mika before. Mika being an Akita kinda got the blame but neither dog was hurt. When we added Kai we added the fence to keep from having anymore problems. I really don't know that you can put any type of marker or fence on an easement though. I can only say I sympathize with your problem and best of luck.
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Wed Nov 2, '11 6:34am PST 
Been there and just recently. Start a journal of misdeeds and consider going to the law.

I wish you luck. Be proactive...and then you will have facts to use against them.
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Wed Nov 2, '11 9:53am PST 
Not fun for you in the least, Saya.

As other have said, Document everything. Make sure to include the dates and times of any verbal harassment, dumping, whatever. You're right, definitely take pics from now on of any garbage they put on your property.

Sure, they can claim it wasn't them, but if you show the police that you are not confrontational with them, and that you have been keeping an accurate record of events...that goes a long way. Be the rational one. Good luck!hug
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Thu Nov 3, '11 11:41am PST 
Thanks for the replies I had confronted the guy after my walk and I walked up calm and stuff he got bit defensive.

His dog coarse running around me snarling and stuff. She jumped up on me she never bit me I just ignored her and she just walked off I think this dog is probably from a not so good breeder or just due to bad socialization I dunno could be both.

I asked him what is your issue with my dogs. He says you have a guard dog! I'm guessing he meant Bella he also mentions Saya looks like a wild dog..

Shiba do have a wild look to them and high prey drive, but no way are they a wild breed or close to it unless they're unsocialized and mistreated..

Saya is friendly to all people from kids to elderly people.

She and Bella are super sweet and calm with my 84year old Grandpa..

I can't believe the guy called Bella my parent's white boxer a guard dog! she is far from one! She ignores their rushing charging dog. She only ever went for the dog when the little dog tried to go for Saya who I had on the other side close to me.. >.<

I guess he's just a horrible rude man. I'll be sure to record everything pictures etc.

I wish I could fence my whole yard, but it's 16 acres even just fencing the house area fron yard and backyard to the pond would be a lot of money.. I like having the wild life in the area too.

I think my black cat might gotten into some poison because one of the neighbors were trying to poison a ground hog for eating their veggies.. I wish my parent's took her in for a check to see if there was something in her to cause it. >.<

Any ways I did loose cool a bit when he called Bella a guard dog and how she looks like she can tear someone limb to limb and when I said your dog is more aggressive then Bella he says she is harmless and won't hurt no one..

Geeze so all this growling, snarling, charging and trying to go after Saya since she is small all fun and play? laugh out loud

I plan to document it and report it to the police next time he yells at me again.

This guy should fence his yard he can afford to spend all winter in Florida then he should be able to fence his yard it's smaller then mine. >.<

We are still a bit in the country, but leash laws still apply last time I had checked.
[notify]
Budrow RIP buddy

I am handsome - deal with it

Barked: Thu Nov 3, '11 12:20pm PST 
You know how it goes, folks seem to think that their dogs are perfect angels and everyone elses dogs are the problem! We have neighbors like that too.
shrug
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Thu Nov 3, '11 6:01pm PST 
Saya,
The only problem with your neighbor fencing in his yard is he seems the type likely to include the part of your yard he is dumping on. I said in my post that I realize a fence isn't always possible and yes they are very expensive. Just keep track of everything and don't be afraid to use the legal resources available if need be. Take Care and best of luck to you.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2