GO!

Shock collars on the genetals

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 1 of 21: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  
Mocha Bear- (Mokie),- VGG, KPA,

CEO of Rewarding- Behaviors Dog- Training

Barked: Wed Jun 20, '07 8:24am PST 
Thanks, Khola, for the cross post!

I got an email from my trainer about this earlier.

He said he's actually been contacted by Ami before, and had the following to say:

"I actually corresponded with Ami a while back...I had a cat question to a trainers list and she responded to me privately that she had designed her own shock collar for cats, if you can believe it, and wanted my client to call her so she could sell her one!!! Its just hard to believe!"

A shock collar on a cat? Get real! What a hack!

Edited by author Sat Jun 30, '07 1:53pm PST

[notify]
Xena

Xena Puggle:- Curtain Slayer!

Barked: Wed Jun 20, '07 8:27am PST 
OMD how terrible!!! What is the trial for? It said the people decided not to sue, so is this a criminal trial for animal abuse?
[notify]
Khola- CDX, CGC

R plus and- paitence what a- shocking idea

Barked: Wed Jun 20, '07 11:52am PST 
sorry for the bad spelling in the post... I was typing too fast and wanted to get it out! Woops.
[notify]

dwag

bones are good

Barked: Thu Jun 28, '07 8:39pm PST 
hello,

i am ami moore.

the story in the chicago reader is not true. the reporter as reporter's do, wrote an article that matched their need for a story, not the need for the truth.

the man who was bitten by the dog has stretched the truth, considerably. yes, the dog had an electric training collar around it's neck, but the collar was not active, as this dog was in the conditioning phase of it's program.

the collar is never on during the conditioning part of the program. all training during the conditioning phase is done with leash and collar and treats. during the conditioning part of the program, the dog is taught to follow and to come when called.

the dog was being feed dinner with the collar on, as a part of the conditioning process. the dog escaped and sat directly on the other side of the fence.

the man, as per my conversation with his wife after the incident, saw the dog, walked about 100 feet down the street, crossed the street and trespassed onto someone else's property to get the dog.

he then took the dog in his house and played with it instead of calling the phone numbers on the id tag or going door to door to look for the owner. it is important to note that the dog had tags on that had my phone number and the owners, yet he called neither number.

as per his wife the dog was extremely nervous, paced and repeatedly scratched on the front and back doors to be let in and out while it was in their possession.

when the dog heard me honk and call for it outside, the dog as per the wife attemtped to exit through the front door to return to me, and the husband TRIED TO PHYSICALLY KEEP THE DOG INSIDE. Due to his attempt to restrain the dog, the dog bit him and then he let the dog run out the door to jump in my car.

I feel badly that he was bitten, but it is unwise to attempt to restrain a nervous, fearful or hyper dog physically, as it ALWAYS increases aggression.

again, i feel sorry for the man, and i realize that his heart was in the right place, however, if you don't really understand animals, you should call people who do; like animal control or the police.

Any of the above choices are much better options than taking a strange dog into your home so that those that are attempting to rescue it can't find it.

As for the owners of the dog, they did indeed, recieved every single penny back. This is an easily verifiable fact that the Chicago Reader reporter could have discovered with the barest minimum of effort.

If the Chicago Reader missed such an easily verifiable piece of information that would indeed change the entire nature of the article, that lapse in proper journalistic investigation and fact checking, in and of itself shows that the Chicago Reader and it's reporter crafed an article with less than honorable intentions.

Ami Moore
[notify]
dwag

bones are good

Barked: Thu Jun 28, '07 8:52pm PST 
The Cat Post

One of the posters here on this board, posted an email saying that "I created an ecollar for cats." This is an outright lie.

This is the core of what is going on on the boards. People, especially those affiliated with the animal rights groups as this person is, add on more and more lies to attempt strengthen their ridiculous position. If you ever ask for proof, you will find that there isn't any, ever.

If you read my postings on any group that I am on, you will not find any mention of an ecollar for a cat.

Ami Moore
[notify]
Pippin CGC

King- Dingleberry!

Barked: Thu Jun 28, '07 8:53pm PST 
Dawg, If you are indeed Ami Moore would you please comment on shock collars being used on the genitals of dogs?...I have seen your site & am less than impressed with your ideas & philosophies...The old school "choke & drag" methods are bad enough...Your "training" surpasses even this...I have 3 Great Pyrenees...all well trained...all trained with positive reinforcements for the most part...Pippin tests for CGC on July 9th & Both Samson & Sheba will test also...Any negative reinforcements I have used with this hard tempered breed are extremely mild to say the least...Here is your chance to defend your position & methods which I assure you will not be held in high regards here at Dogster & many other groups I belong to both on the internet & off of it...& you say?
eta: Please explain to me how shock collars equal positive training???shrug
For anyone not familiar with Ms. Moore here is her website...Please take the time to read it over completely & thoroughly.cry
http://www.dogdoright.com/about-ami.htm

Edited by author Thu Jun 28, '07 9:11pm PST

[notify]
Khola- CDX, CGC

Barked: Thu Jun 28, '07 9:52pm PST 
I agree with Pip on this one... if you are who you claim to be, then speak on your choice to use multiple shock divices on animals, some young puppies.

Your website is contradictive and demeaning to others. If you say you use reward, then aren't you one of what you call the dreaded "cookie pushers"???

I am an active trainer in the Chicagoland area and have been following this case and people who have recieved your rough services with personal interest.

Flatly, what you are doing and calling training is a complete disgrace to the dog training world and is abusive at best. I couldn't care less what race you are or where you came from or how much money you do or do not have. I believe in speaking for the ones who have no voices for themselves.
[notify]
Pippin CGC

King- Dingleberry!

Barked: Thu Jun 28, '07 10:10pm PST 
I would be interested in comments on this article also.
http://www.chicagoreader.com/features/stories/dogtraining/
[notify]
Khola- CDX, CGC

Barked: Thu Jun 28, '07 10:27pm PST 
thinkingthinkingthinkingthinkingthinkingthinkingthinkingthinkingthinking
shrugshrugshrugshrugshrugshrugshrugshrugshrugshrug
[notify]
Kaya

All you need is- love :)

Barked: Thu Jun 28, '07 10:59pm PST 
Hmmm I notice there is no comment on pippins question... silence says much more than words sometimes...

I find it difficult to believe that the entire story is a comedy of errors as you say... or that the dog was so bonded to you it bit someone to get away and come to you. My own dogs who are QUITE loyal wouldn't do that.. cry and whine maybe, but bite? Sounds to me like this dog was stressed out for other reasons... what dog would run away during feding time? Too many quetions... a shock collar is not a great tool to begin with, let alone to leave on on a dog during unsupervised time... which the dog was obviously unsupervised if it escped without your knowledge....
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 21: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]