GO!

75 dog breeds banned or restricted

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 1 of 28: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  
Daisy - R.I.P.

Good Morning- Beautiful.

Barked: Wed May 23, '07 7:04am PST 
List of 75 Banned or Restricted Dogs

For anyone reading this outside the U.S., the dogs listed below are not NOT UNIFORMLY banned/restricted across the entire U.S. This means that the breeds listed below are banned or restricted in different places around theU.S. , and that individual states, cities, counties or towns all make their own LOCAL LAWS - and those laws differ according to individual communities. Also - it's important to note that the list includes even MIXES of these breeds.

So - without further ado, courtesy of the RDOWS, here is the list of 75 - count 'em - SEVENTY FIVE - banned or restricted breeds .....................

1. AIREDALE TERRIER
2. AKBASH
3. AKITA
4. ALAPAHA BLUE BLOOD BULLDOG
5. ALASKAN MALAMUTE
6. ALSATIAN SHEPHERD
7. AMERICAN BULLDOG
8. AMERICAN HUSKY
9. AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER
10. AMERICAN STAFFORDSHIRE TERRIER
11. AMERICAN WOLFDOG
12. ANATOLIAN SHEPHERD
13. ARIKARA DOG
14. AUSTRALIAN CATTLE DOG
15. AUSTRALIAN SHEPHERD
16. BELGIAN MALINOIS
17. BELGIAN SHEEPDOG
18. BELGIAN TURVUREN
19. BLUE HEELER
20. BOERBUL
21. BORZOI
22. BOSTON TERRIER
23. BOUVIER DES FLANDRES
24. BOXER
25. BULLDOG
26. BULL TERRIER
27. BULL MASTIFF
28. CANE CORSO
29. CATAHOULA LEOPARD DOG
30. CAUCASIAN SHEPHERD
31. CHINESE SHAR PEI
32. CHOW-CHOW
33. COLORADO DOG
34. DOBERMAN PINSCHER
35. DOGO DE ARGENTINO
36. DOGUE DE BORDEAUX
37. ENGLISH MASTIFFS
38. ENGLISH SPRINGER SPANIEL
39. ESKIMO DOG
40. ESTRELA MOUNTAIN DOG
41. FILA BRASILIERO
42. FOX TERRIER
43. FRENCH BULLDOG
44. GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG
45. GOLDEN RETRIEVER
46. GREENLAND HUSKY
47. GREAT DANE
48. GREAT PYRANEES
49. ITALIAN MASTIFF
50. KANGAL DOG
51. KEESHOND
52. KOMONDOR
53. KOTEZEBUE HUSKY
54. KUVAZ
55. LABRADOR RETRIEVER
56. LEONBERGER
57. MASTIFF
58. NEOPOLITAN MASTIFF
59. NEWFOUNDLAND
60. OTTERHOUND
61. PRESA DE CANARIO
62. PRESA DE MALLORQUIN
63. PUG
64. ROTTWEILER
65. SAARLOOS WOLFHOND
66. SAINT BERNARD
67. SAMOYED
68. SCOTTISH DEERHOUND
69. SIBERIAN HUSKY
70. SPANISH MASTIFF
71. STAFFORDSHIRE BULL TERRIER
72. TIMBER SHEPHERD
73. TOSA INU
74. TUNDRA SHEPHERD
75. WOLF SPITZ

How's that for scary? You're wide awake now, I bet.

What's a dog owner to do? For starters - BEFORE you move, buy or rent a home, wherever you are - be sure to check with the local city hall - NOT THE REALTOR - to find out about local dog laws and if any breed-specific measures are in place or are being considered.

But don't take city hall's word, either. Ask for a COPY of the local ordinance, and then ask your local city council rep if they support breed-specific laws or measures.

This is just the US and not every state has every dog on it's list.
[notify]
Oz

Trust me...I'm a- beagle

Barked: Wed May 23, '07 7:18am PST 
eek That is ridiculous!
A PUG?!?! oh man better keep those massivly dangerous dogs out of the way!
Ugh that is ridiculous...personally to avoid this nonsense I think that owners should have to go through tests to ensure that they wont turn their dogs bad
[notify]
Zeus

The ledgend- lives on.

Barked: Wed May 23, '07 7:21am PST 
I saw that and thought, "We'd just tell them he was an oversized Pug." (I'm just joking.) And then I saw that a Pug was ON the list. Psh! That's ridiculous! confused

And our dear sweet South African Boreboel is on there? I guess we pick the good ones! I'm kind of floored to see the English Springer Spaniel and French Bulldog on there too!

I'm glad we live in Kansas. Nobody in particular really cares here. We have a "Dangerous Dog" law, but in our city at least, the Pit Bull Ban has been shot down in a blaze everytime it's come up...

Edited by author Wed May 23, '07 7:25am PST

[notify]

Taco

I LOVE water!!!

Barked: Wed May 23, '07 7:23am PST 
So according to this (stupid) list I have to get rid of 5 of my 6 dogs I have at home! Only the border collie is safe! lol
What a stupid law... I may get a Chinese crested soon, I'm glad this one is not on the list!
What's next the evil domestic short hair cats on the BSL list? Especially those who are deeclawed and fat and which sleep 23hours a day where the 1 hour left is spent to eat, drink and doing his buisness...

One thing I found stupid is that they ban the KBT and the Bouvier des Flandres but the Black Russian Terrier is not on the list... The fox terrier is there but not the jack Russell... what about evil Yorkie? Or the very evil Treeing walker hound?

I should watch my dogs mroe carefully. I risk the attack of my evil pyreneeses. I actualy found that they are very agressive dogs... so agressive that the cats are always wanting to curl up with them. Poor kitties... they don't know that they are just a snak for the big guys...
Seriously... this is just insane. Can someone tell me what's the real difference in temperament a border collie and an Aussie have? IMO not much... why is the Aussie there then?

I will never get this thing... I'm glad I live very far away from this...

Edited by author Wed May 23, '07 7:29am PST

[notify]
Brandy

Brandylicious!

Barked: Wed May 23, '07 7:28am PST 
No no! That makes total sense guys! Pugs ARE evil! eek I always knew it deep down...thinking no wonder Grandma's furbaby Pugly always growls and snaps at me...sheesh!

*Brandy's mom* Brandy, he's old...he doesn't wanna play with a kid, especially not like you...all bouncing off the walls and stuff....shrug

Ohh! So that's it...I thought he was evil, now I know he's just plain grumpy!! big laugh
[notify]
Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Wed May 23, '07 7:37am PST 
big laugh I am safe yet the dog that looks identical to me only lacking a tail isn't?!?!?
AHAHAHAHA
Honestly....this is a joke, whoever instated these laws should be banned
[notify]
Daisy - R.I.P.

Good Morning- Beautiful.

Barked: Wed May 23, '07 7:47am PST 
Well be prepared to check you LOCAL / TOWN by laws... here where I live there is no PROVINCE BSL but in one place there is a rotty ban. In New Brunswick there is one township that has a BSL but on both sides there isn't. Unless you ask for specific places / towns / villages... you won't know. So please be safe and check... get it in writing. We almost lost a beautiful rotty in N.B. because the clerk in that town said there WAS NO BSL there when there was. Some place you only hear about the rotty or pittie dogs on the list because that is what people hear but not realizing that others are on that same list. Don't forget... if your dog LOOKS like it COULD be a certain breed or mix of it... it could be mistaken for that breed/ mix and be in trouble.
There are many more dogs on the BSL list from all over the world. Just because your dog isn't on this list YET don't mean it isn't on a list somewhere else. Places that try to justify putting certain breeds on the list just look at other countries etc. and say " well such and such country has it, and they haven't has any problems since" The BSL is also starting ( trying ) to do weight too. Some places are any dog over 30 lbs is banned. So even if you think it don't affect you... think again. Know your laws in your state / town / province / city or wherever you live. Keep current on updates, vote for the ones who are against the BSL, pat attention and don't let it slip by you. Follow all dog laws / license/ spay neuter / leash / roaming etc. Don't be a part of the problem. Fight for you dog and ALL dogs.

OOPS.. off my soap box.red face
[notify]
Zeus

The ledgend- lives on.

Barked: Wed May 23, '07 10:08am PST 
Luckilly, we have a family friend who is on the City Council (and ran for mayor, and lost. Boo!) so we always know what's going on, especially with the BSL. When I was in college, she actually provided me a TON of information (letters from people in the city, statistics, ect.) for my persuasive speech on why BSL is BS. (Which by the way, was totally the best in the entire class, if I may toot my own horn, LOL!) But seriously, you should have seen all the hate mail the city got about BSL, and then some of the mail opposing it and what a wonderful fight they were putting up. It was incredible some of the things the people had to say. The man that was leading the whole pro-BSL thing, just had a nasty mean attitude. (Sent in about 90 letters over a 2 year period asking to ban Pit Bulls in specific.) Some of the things he said....buhhh! Disgusting!
[notify]
Pixie Dust

Once You Beagle- You Never Go- Back

Barked: Wed May 23, '07 1:23pm PST 
Some of the breeds are very understandable. I am scared of some of the bigger aggressive breeds, especially the ones that were orginally raised for dog fighting in the past.
[notify]
Pugsley

I Might Be Small- But I Have It- All!

Barked: Wed May 23, '07 1:48pm PST 
A Pug shock

I am a mean little devil and i will lick your toes off darn it!!! laugh out loud

I have an idea, why don't these morons just go ahead and ban all dogs? This is way out of control and stupid. I have always hated BSL and now I hate it even more then I did before!

Edited by author Wed May 23, '07 1:54pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 1 of 28: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]