GO!

Does my dog have a slipped disc?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Toki

Toki (Bunny in- Korean). She's- so lively!

Barked: Thu Aug 22, '13 12:33am PST 
My dog just hurt herself. She is a 3 year old papillon and very active. She jumped up on the bed and seemed to squeal when she moved. We thought it was just a strain but looking on the internet just now, we realize it may possibly be a slipped disc. It seems to be on her neck as it strains her to turn her neck to the left. We are taking her to the vet tomorrow morning. How likely is it that it is just a strain? She didn't seem to get better in the couple hours she has been injured. And if it is a slipped disc, does it get better? We are travelling soon by plane and am worried about her then.
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Thu Aug 22, '13 8:39am PST 
It's possible, but it's also possible it's just a strain. There's no way to know....I would say more than likely it's a strain but the vet can do an exam to give you a better idea of what it might be.

I can tell you the number one cause for slipped discs is probably jumping on and off furniture (bed/sofa). I would just wait to see the vet and see what they tell you. Keep in mind that a lot of times a physical exam or even xrays don't confirm it. Doctors can be cautious and treat conservatively as though it is a possible herniated disc.

Good luck and hopefully your pup feels better and it's just a strain!
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Barked: Thu Sep 12, '13 5:35pm PST 
sorry but i have a hard time trusting a link to a website from a "guest". too many hackers out there shrug
[notify]

Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Fri Sep 13, '13 3:37am PST 
http://www.quincysdogs.com/ I checked it out, it is a company that sells mobility harness for dogs. They look pretty good.
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Barked: Fri Sep 13, '13 4:51am PST 
you looked? You are braver than me big laugh I just saw that the guest posted in 3 back threads. I knew they were advertising, but I couldn't trust that they were not trying to get us to go to that thread. Well thanks for confirming it Fritz wink
[notify]