GO!

It's been a while since we logged on, but one of the Hounds needs some PoTP!

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  
The Hounds- of- Bassetville- +3

Food? Where?!?

Barked: Sun Jul 14, '13 12:55pm PST 
Hi guys... hopefully some of you remember us. Today is the oldest three bassets' 8 birthday and instead of celebrating I am sitting here terrified. I was giving Precious pets and I found two pretty large lumps on her neck. About a week ago I thought I found a lump but I felt again and thought I'd just felt her jaw bone. Today I found what I am positive are two masses. They definitely are not fatty lumps. I am taking her to the vet first thing in the morning, but I am absolutely terrified. Please say a prayer or send thoughts our way.
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Sun Jul 14, '13 1:08pm PST 
hughughug
[notify]
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Sun Jul 14, '13 1:25pm PST 
hughughughughughughug
[notify]

Roman

The Snuggler

Barked: Sun Jul 14, '13 3:01pm PST 
hughughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
Ahmad

Mutts Do It- Better

Barked: Sun Jul 14, '13 3:22pm PST 
Hello, Hounds! I’m new here, so I don’t know you. I wish you a happy birthday, but I wish it could be a happier one. Lumps on the neck are usually just fatty tumors. Unfortunately, lumps on the jaw are usually cancerous. It’s rare for them to be benign. 90% of cancers are malignant. I’m glad you are getting her into the vet. I hope everything goes well.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Sun Jul 14, '13 3:22pm PST 
hughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
The Hounds- of- Bassetville- +3

Food? Where?!?

Barked: Sun Jul 14, '13 3:33pm PST 
Thanks for all of the hugshug
Nice to meet you Ahmad! These lumps are under her jaw and the more I read the more convinced I am that it is canine Lymphoma. I felt of her some more and compared to a couple of my other pups and I believe what I'm feeling are extremely enlarged lymph nodes. Both are swollen. Does anyone know how quickly lymphoma spreads?
She has been acting normal... she has lost a few pounds but I thought that was due to it being summer.
We're going to the vet first thing in the morning, but I've had a feeling of dread ever since I felt those lumps this morning.
[notify]

Barked: Sun Jul 14, '13 3:43pm PST 
Hi,
My neighbors dog, Sabrina presented the same way, with big lumps under the jaw, it was t-cell lymphoma. Sabrina had not been acting sick or anything, these lumps came out of nowhere and they were large. By the time she got her to the vet the next morning they had grown.

She opted to do chemo, Sabrina did fine on the chemo, other than having intermittent diarrhea and being tired some of the time she did quite well. T-cell lymphoma is more aggressive than B-cell (most dogs have B-cell) she passed away 10 months later, very sad time. If it is B-cell, with chemo some dogs can live up to 2 years or longer.

Saying a prayer for you and your pup.
Cindi
[notify]
Ahmad

Mutts Do It- Better

Barked: Sun Jul 14, '13 3:55pm PST 
I'm sending some hugs your way, too. My friend had a Labrador Retriever that had a lump on his jaw and it ended up being bone cancer.

hughughughughug
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Sun Jul 14, '13 4:42pm PST 
I remember you and will be thinking abuot you and sending positvie thoughts your way tomorrow. Keep us postedhughughug
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11