GO!

Cancer Advice

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
Rascal

Silly

Barked: Fri Jul 5, '13 4:22pm PST 
Im so sorry. That must be heartbreaking.
Cancer in the chest is never good. Once it is there it usually is suspected that it is everywhere else too.
As another poster said you know your dog best.
Is the chest tap torture for the dog? If it is, then I wouldn't do it.
I hate that our dogs can't live with us forever
[notify]
Octavia

I'm Not a Pit- Bull

Barked: Fri Jul 5, '13 5:00pm PST 
I’m sorry that further treatment can’t be undergone. You know your dog best. I’m very sorry to hear about the diagnosis and prognosis. I couldn’t imagine losing Octavia or any of my dogs! My heartfelt apologies…hug
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sat Jul 6, '13 6:35am PST 
hughughughughughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]

Octavia

I'm Not a Pit- Bull

Barked: Sat Jul 6, '13 9:04am PST 
hughughughughug
[notify]
Lugar

Wookie

Barked: Sat Jul 6, '13 6:32pm PST 
Well we attempted a tap today but no fluid came out, which is a good thing (his lungs still have room to expand). The vet said now it's just time to make him comfortable. He still has a pretty good appetite, of course for all of the goodies we are giving him that he normally doesn't get. I have started soaking his kibble since swallowing seems to annoy him. He is able to eat normally if the food is soggy. Thanks for all of your kind words. This is definitely a hard decision. We have decided to bring Gunnar along with us when it is time. He will really miss his best buddy. Maybe it will help him understand cry
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sat Jul 6, '13 10:01pm PST 
You are in our thoughts and prayers!
[notify]
Octavia

I'm Not a Pit- Bull

Barked: Sun Jul 7, '13 3:48pm PST 
I'm glad to hear that no fluid came out. My thoughts are with you.
[notify]
Lugar

Wookie

Barked: Sun Jul 7, '13 4:17pm PST 
Thanks everyone. Unfortunately he now is swollen in the neck and chest. The vet says sometimes when the trachea is pushed upward, blood cannot drain. He was doing great Saturday at the vet and last night he barely slept. He was in good spirits today but his leg is now very swollen. Tomorrow we will be going to the vet and put him at rest. I wish he didn't have so much swelling, its hard for him to lay his head down to sleep. Even though he still eats as much, if not more, I can tell its time. Thanks for all of your thoughts.
[notify]
Octavia

I'm Not a Pit- Bull

Barked: Sun Jul 7, '13 4:22pm PST 
I'm very sorry to hear about the swelling.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Mon Jul 8, '13 5:44am PST 
Our hearts, thoughts, and prayers will be with you today. We hope his journey across the bridge is swift and peaceful. We know he will be surrounded by love.hughughughughughughughughug to you. May you find some peace and comfort in knowing that you did what was right for him.

little angelrainbow "Fly free Ruger" rainbowlittle angel those on the other side of the bridge will be there to welcome you.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3