GO!

Glucosamine Chondroitin Human Grade

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Lilly CD CDX- JD JDX AD

Barked: Mon Apr 22, '13 3:46am PST 
So i have two dogs a 5 year old kelpie mix weighing in at around 18 kilo and a 1 year old border collie at 13 kilo. They are both performance dogs with the older one competing agility and the younger one obedience til she is old enough to jump. I want to know how much of this supplement to give purely as a maintainence upkeep thing both have no joint issues. I have found Bio-Organics containing 750 glucosamine + 400 chondroitin. Then in smaller print it says glucosamine sulfate- potassium chloride complex 995mg chondroitin sulfate-bovine sodium 400mg . Is one tablet each daily a good amount . Thanks smile
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Mon Apr 22, '13 7:05am PST 
I follow this suggestion. I used the larger amount and noticed an improvement then dropped the dose and noticed him struggling a bit so put it back where it was.
http://www.dogaware.com/health/arthritissupps.html

And remember to check the dosage. Is the amount of glucosamine and chondroitin for 1, 2, 3 tablets?
[notify]
Lilly CD CDX- JD JDX AD

Barked: Mon Apr 22, '13 8:59pm PST 
That is the amount per tablet so i think one for each dog would be sufficient enough?
[notify]

Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Tricolored- Hounds for life!

Barked: Mon Apr 22, '13 11:21pm PST 
wow that's a lot!

I give Jake and sweetie something close to 1200mg of Glucosamine a day. which sounds like a lot but it's in their kibble already, it's in the dehydrated topper they get, Sweetie also takes a 250mg Glucosamine supplement though since she suffers from arthritis due to old age and then they have a supplement powder that has more Glucosamine in it.

I can vouch it will do wonders big grin

Jake doesn't have arthritis but he's even more energetic.

Sweetie had made a 180 big grin She came to me barely able to walk much less run. Now she runs at the dog park with me and even jumps around. Not much but muh better then the standstill she was when i first got her. big grin

I think one of those pills is probably more then enough for your dogs. But maybe someone else will chime in i use human grade glucosamine made for dogs.
[notify]
Lilly CD CDX- JD JDX AD

Barked: Tue Apr 23, '13 3:51am PST 
750 glucoasmine isnt alot if you said you are using 1200? im confused however i have heard they just pee out any extra and you cant really overdo glucosamine.
[notify]
Quincy

We don't doodle!

Barked: Tue Apr 23, '13 4:25am PST 
My labs have always gotten one tablet of the triple strength human glucosamine... 1500 mg, and I forget the other amounts. It also has MSM. I use that for a preventative dose, per my vet's recommendation.
[notify]
Lilly CD CDX- JD JDX AD

Barked: Tue Apr 23, '13 10:05pm PST 
This one doesnt contain msm thats more if an anti flam is that right? as i give fish oil which is also a natural anti inflam to instead.
[notify]