GO!

Laser Treatments...

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Lexus

My Love is- Unconditional

Barked: Wed Apr 17, '13 9:50pm PST 
Hi. Just wondering if anyone else has used the fairly new laser treatments on their dogs. Lex tore both ACL's a a couple of years ago...and the laser was amazing. Now, I am going to try it for arthritis in his hips. Hope it will help my baby. I hate seeing him age.
[notify]
Nakita Mae- Angel Girl

Live to dock- dive!

Barked: Thu Apr 18, '13 10:14pm PST 
So sorry that your pup is having to deal with all the dreaded getting older aches and pains, I hate that they have to age.
We have found that alternating laser with acupuncture works wonderfully for pain. I used acupuncture for years with Gunner, I saw great results and he had bilateral TPLO's and a laminectomy. He did very well and was 14 when he became an angel.
I used both laser and acupuncture with Nakita for her back that was damaged from being beat before I got her, I saw super results within 5 sessions of acupuncture and 3 laser treatments, so we continued to alternate the treatments. Loved it.
I hope you can find a plan that works for your pup. I firmly believe in alternative Veterinary medicine and I get really excited when I see others looking into it. Works great for so many pets.
[notify]
Shadow- *CGC*CL2*CL3- *

Is it time for- agility yet?

Barked: Fri Apr 19, '13 3:50pm PST 
Aging is hard to watch in our dogs isn't it? I haven't had the need to use laser on my dogs but I have had laser done on myself for knee and ankle injuries and I have to say they definitely make a huge difference in the pain!
[notify]

Rain

Future agility- star!

Barked: Sat Apr 20, '13 9:09pm PST 
I haven't used it on my own dogs, but at our clinic we use one, I've heard great things from clients on much much their pets have improved
[notify]