GO!

Urgent !!! How bad can this really be? (chicken bone incident)

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Tue Mar 19, '13 6:34pm PST 
Okay so while i was at work today jake got into the trash and ate a chicken bone or two. how bad can this really be? he seems his usual self.

Should I rush him to the E-vet or just wait it out?

I mean i honestly feel he's eatten worst things and survived.

Is this one of those monitor as you go or let's just rush kinda situations? since his normal vet is now closed?
[notify]
Missy

Miss- Pig!

Barked: Tue Mar 19, '13 6:42pm PST 
I wouldn't worry to much. Just monitor him for any signs of sickness or anything, but he should be perfectly fine. My two have ended up eating cooked bones before too with no ill effects.
[notify]
The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Tue Mar 19, '13 8:25pm PST 
I would moniter them and do poop patrol in the morning. Mine have gotten chicken bones to and have been fine.way to go
[notify]

Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Tue Mar 19, '13 8:47pm PST 
Everything seems to be going okay. He ate dinner with gusto. He even played at the dog park. I'll just be poon vigulent poop patrol for the next 24-36 hours. big grin

Stupid spam bots >.> they probably don't even have dogs with health questions !

Edited by author Tue Mar 19, '13 8:47pm PST

[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Tue Mar 19, '13 9:10pm PST 
One time my roomie's malamute got into the bin and ate a whole chicken caracss. All I found was a trail of grease, leading to an empty bag, ending with a very satisfied dog in the backyard. Understandably, I was hysterical. shock But they all popped out the other end just fine and dandy. So Mister Beagle should be okay. hug
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Wed Mar 20, '13 8:11am PST 
bumping
[notify]