GO!

Very Dissapointed With My Local Vets :(

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Samson

Work? What's- that?

Barked: Wed Mar 20, '13 10:57am PST 
My e-vet just asks for verbal confirmation that I'm capable of paying. I've never been asked to pay up front, even the first time I went there, and I've never had immediate, urgent cases (like, dog bleeding out or passing in and out of consciousness, etc).

Regular vets in this area, however, leave something to be desired. I've finally found one that is okay, but they are really horrible about communication, and their prices are lower than most other vets in the area so they are constantly swamped, leading to assembly-line type practices. Not that they aren't good and don't do a good job, there's just not a lot of time even when I do schedule an appointment, to really talk things over. They just kind of rush you through.

Not much I can do about it. The other choices in the area...one I'm convinced is partially or entirely responsible for Samson's fear aggression issues, and the other was a self-absorbed jerk.
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Wed Mar 20, '13 11:46am PST 
We don't even have an evetfrown The vets in local communities cover for each other on weekends and evenings. They are all an hour a way , which means even if I had the money, if they were in need of *immediate* attention off hours, they would be unable to get it unless it happened to be one of the two local vets on call frown
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Wed Mar 20, '13 12:29pm PST 
The e-vet we have gone to does not require payment up front but does require you to sign paperwork stating you agree to pay the $70 exam fee and that you understand you have to pay in full before leaving and anything beyond an exam will add to the final cost of the bill.
I've heard people say the non-profit animal hospital/e-vet requires some payment up front but have never been there so don't know for sure.
Don't know about the e-vet that opened a few years ago.

The regular vets we have been to will work with clients on payments for expensive stuff but the client still needs to pay a certain amount at that initial visit.
If it is someone new they require a partial payment prior to doing anything other than an exam.

The vet clinic we went to several years ago had to let a vet tech go because of too many people needing to do payment plans. The work was being done but the money for that work was trickling in so not all expenses were able to be covered.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2