GO!

Penis comes out whenever he sits ?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Arkane

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 2:04pm PST 
The vet said it was normal-- theres no smell / discharge / its not inflamed.

But everytime Arkane sits, his penis comes out!
Its getting in the way of everything. Dx
When it comes out he sits with his legs all weird. And I think it coming out is uncomfortable for him because when he goes into a down and I ask him to sit, he looks at me kinda unsure. It doesnt come out when hes standing / laying down, everytime hes sitting! Its kinda driving me nuts, cause I've never seen Nare's and it isn't something I look forward to seeing in male dogs (thank goodness for all of the fluff..)

I don't think there is a way I can train him out of this, is there ? frown
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 4:01pm PST 
Welcome to the world of male dogs!!big grin
I don't think I have a male, neutered or not, who doesn't dangle his d when he is sitting!! Perfectly normal and if you can make it stop you will most likely be a millionaire!!! Supposedly it is a sign they are relaxed???
[notify]
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 4:05pm PST 
thinking
2 males here, 1 neutered, 1 not. have never seen either of thiers come out
[notify]

Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 4:26pm PST 
Ty's rarely makes an appearance, i don't think i can even recall one instance thinking but my sister's little dog, my god, do you see his "lipstick" more times than you care to! shock laugh out loud He also has trouble walking for a few steps afterwards after he's got so excited...very funny to see.

But yeah, a very common and normal male dog issue wink

Edited by author Sat Feb 16, '13 4:27pm PST

[notify]
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 5:26pm PST 
I've never had this issue with Noah but I do see it every once in awhile in a dog I'm grooming.
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 5:39pm PST 
My first Golden was a male and I don't think I ever saw his. With Fenrir it's very rare and very little. With Onyx...he lets it all hang out big laugh It does seem to be when he's relaxed and almost only when he's sitting, but also sometimes when he's defecating (yes, I manged to make this conversation even more fun!). Never seems to bother him. The absolute worst is when he gets, erm, aroused (for no apparent reason I might add). Then he does look very uncomfortable, and tries to walk it off. That is a nasty sight.

So yes, totally normal for some dogs for their "lipstick" to make a regular appearance. I would guess Arkane will get used to it, 'cause it sounds like he's like Onyx and it'll keep happening laugh out loud
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 5:45pm PST 
Yup, Onyx, #2, that is the other time my guys let it all hang out... I just didn't know how to word it nicely!!!
However, it IS worse in puppies!!!

Edited by author Sat Feb 16, '13 5:46pm PST

[notify]
Moose

I love sitting- in laps

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 9:57pm PST 
With my intact GSD, I never saw his business, but with Mikey who was neutered, I saw his all the time. Sitting and pooping was when it liked to make it's appearence the most.
Moose isn't as bad as Mikey was, but I see his more than I'd like.

What I can't stand is when he (and for the first year I had Mikey, but it faded with time) gets excited when I come home from work and not only do I get to see it, I get to see it in all its dog awful glory.
So not how I want a dog to be excited when they see me.
[notify]
Clyde

Ice cubes? YES- PLEASE!

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '13 6:49pm PST 
Haha, Clyde is so bad with that. It hangs out when he sits, rolls on his back in fear, or otherwise positions his lower legs oddly while highly excited. He used to... pay attention to it every time it came out when he was a puppy.confused Yeah.

I figured it was fine, since it never caused any problems for him. He just got used to it. I can tell he is trying so hard to keep it inside whenever he gets really excited, but still calm enough to focus on other things. Poor guy seems to have a sense of shame over that thing, but can never seem to keep it hidden.laugh out loud

Edited by author Sun Feb 17, '13 6:49pm PST

[notify]
Hucky and- Ringo

Barked: Mon Feb 18, '13 10:00am PST 
Hucks, always, Ringos, never.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2