GO!

My dogs genetic condition.. venting

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

  
(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  
Neva Blew- Sky

Ya can't keep a- good dog- down..Bow! Wow!
 
 
Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 10:23am PST 
I'm very upset right now..I decide maybe I could let it off here..

I bought a chihuahua from an ckc/akc breeder...

Her parents: Mother (Merle) Father (black with white marking)

When I saw the picture of her, I knew she was who I wanted right off. I bought her home...Now here we are, 5 months later her fur is falling out and I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong. Come to find out, she has a genetic mange from her mother...

Please people if you are out here breeding your pups, at least get a WHOLE physical..with blood work and all.I don't think I will EVER by a CKC registered pup again...I thought I could trust who I got my dog from but she claims she didn't know but I somehow believe that she has to know because her dog is older then 2yrs and I'm sure her hair falling out was an issue that was addressed when taken to the vet about it.

I mean there is no way I would have it in my heart to do such thing..I could never sell a pup with a medical condition. I love her and will keep her and will definitely spay my love.
[notify]
Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!
 
 
Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 10:41am PST 
By CKC, do you mean Continental Kennel Club? They are not a legitimate club.

So sorry about your pup.

Have you contacted the breeder?

Is it demodex?
[notify]
Neva Blew- Sky

Ya can't keep a- good dog- down..Bow! Wow!
 
 
Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 10:54am PST 
Yes I have contacted her...It is generalized demodectic mange...She just says sorry and thinking about selling her now litter by the same mom for cheaper with a medical something...IDK..

I sent her a message and she hasn't responded yet.
[notify]

Neva Blew- Sky

Ya can't keep a- good dog- down..Bow! Wow!
 
 
Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 10:56am PST 
I meant I won't buy another CKC dog but she breeds both CKC and AKC that is what I meant.
[notify]
Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!
 
 
Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 11:03am PST 
I think she should give you some money back, but that's just my opinion. What are the veterinarian's recommendations?
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there
 
 
Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 11:21am PST 
Are you talking Canadian Kennel Club? Because if you are contact them directly. We have a thing in Canada called the Animal Pedigree Act which is the Act that the CKC is ruled by. It covers a lot of things that the AKC does not address. Breeders who knowingly misrepresent their animals can have their memberships pulled and under the APA can also be criminally charged. The CKC also takes a dim view of purposely breeding 'off' color.
If you are talking about the Continental Kennel Club then you got scammed.
Either way get any documentation you can from the vet and check out puppy lemon laws in your area. Good luck!
[notify]
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt
 
 
Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 11:30am PST 
Same thing can happen in AKC dogs.
The registry means absolutely nothing, puppy mill dogs are AKC registered. Dogs with every problem are registered.

It is up to you to research credentials. A lot of the scammy breeders are just like sales persons. "One of a kind, rare coloring, long flowing fur and beautiful blue eyes! You'll never find a more sweet and caring dog!"

If you can't find any of the breeder's stock on offa.org then pass.

I'm sorry you and your puppy had to go through this though. frown
[notify]
Neva Blew- Sky

Ya can't keep a- good dog- down..Bow! Wow!
 
 
Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 11:57am PST 
Well..the breeder offered me another pup pick of the litter with writing statement from the vet about my pup..and to spay her as the vet recommended

or

She will take her back and let me get pick of the litter of CKC(Continental Kennel Club)

but if I wait on the "Upcoming Litter"

She wants to pick which one I should have because all the pups will be AKC(American Kennel Club)


What do you all think I should do?

I'm so confused..My Neva is 5 months now....she will going in overnight for her first dip.....a little dizzy...
[notify]
Neva Blew- Sky

Ya can't keep a- good dog- down..Bow! Wow!
 
 
Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 12:03pm PST 
@Dr Watson

.. the vet recommends that she gets
Mitaban Dip
Ivomec 1% 50 ml
and to get her spayed so that she will not pass this down to any pups.

Edited by author Fri Feb 15, '13 12:12pm PST

[notify]
Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!
 
 
Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 12:38pm PST 
Personally, I would ask for my money back, breeders sometimes pay only half, and return her. I would not go to that breeder again, but spend more time researching breeders. I am not trying to be harsh, but you may be in for a long road of heartache and medical bills. So sorry. frown
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5