GO!

Blood Test Costs

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Bella

Miss Boss

Barked: Thu Jan 31, '13 10:54am PST 
So we are having blood tests on Bella and I just wanted to compare pricing if anyone has done this.
The following is the breakout:
Comprehensive panel $185
Complete Blood Count $85
Thyroid Function Test $75
TLI (I believe this is for the pancreas) $175
Collection and Disposal Fee $15

I love my vet and I trust him but my husband is just a little interested in if this is the typical costs or if our vet is charging a little more than normal. Anybody with any experiences input would be appreciated. Thanks!
Bella, Gem and Casey's Mom
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Thu Jan 31, '13 12:06pm PST 
Price is very location dependent so it would help to know a general location for useful comparisons.

You can also contact different vet clinics in your area to see how much they charge for those tests and any associated fees.
[notify]
Bella

Miss Boss

Barked: Thu Jan 31, '13 12:13pm PST 
Thanks Chance. Like I said I am pretty confident that this is the norm but my husband is curious. I am in So California so I figure we would typically pay a little more. . .
[notify]

Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Thu Jan 31, '13 12:24pm PST 
so interesting....i happen to have an invoice right here wink I'm in Maryland.

This comes in a package for me, but it comes with Superchem/CBC/urinalysis and the price was $250. The thyroid screening is $47.00. The medical waste disposal fee is $3.70

Edited by author Thu Jan 31, '13 12:26pm PST

[notify]
Bella

Miss Boss

Barked: Thu Jan 31, '13 1:02pm PST 
Thanks Scooter Paws!!
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '13 11:03am PST 
I agree with Chance to compare prices anywhere outside of your area is comparing apples to oranges. You should call around to different clinics in your area to see what they charge for the same service,that is really the only fair comparison.For example I do not have an invoice in front of me but the thyroid panel Scooter Paws pays $47.00 for,I get from my vet for $30. I have also never paid a medical waste disposal fee,it is included in the cost of the proceedure or test,or the vet simply pays it in bulk. I am in PA.
[notify]