GO!

Bella collaspsed again :(

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 4 of 6: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  
"Selli"

The Muddy- Princess

Barked: Tue Feb 19, '13 6:52am PST 
Apart from the heart condition, it sounds as if she has an immune system that is out of whack, failing in some areas and over-doing it in others. It may be that her heart needs to work so much harder due to the defect that she can't modulate her immune system properly.

Has she been tested for tick-borne illnesses?
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Wed Feb 20, '13 5:26am PST 
Hmmmm her breath is bad and she is only 3? I wonder what would cause that? I'm glad you were able to rule out a couple of things. I think as long as she's not in any danger, she may want a little break too. I think with all that's happening, it's good to have a firm diagnosis though. I know it's frustrating. Thanks for updating us too way to gohug
[notify]
Kloppers

Barked: Tue Mar 12, '13 10:14am PST 
Well...Bella collapsed again this morning and now she can not walk due to pain in front limb. The vet can not figure out why through exam and X-ray. We are developing a plan of action but for now she is at home resting. I am waiting for the cardiologist to call me back to see if they think another EKG would be worth while.

Any ideas what could be causing the lameness? She is not paralyzed her back legs work fine but she can't support her front end..so we are assuming it is her front leg(s). She also keeps smacking her lips, she is eating and drinking..no vomiting or diarrhea. She might be having wet burps that cause the lip smacking because she will be laying down and suddenly sit up and start that.
[notify]

Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Tricolored- Hounds for life!

Barked: Tue Mar 12, '13 10:48am PST 
Has she had a full nerve check out? It sounds like somethings wrong with her nerves if she can't support weight and there's no physical injury. I'm no vet buti t doesn't hurt to ask.

I went through a mystery diagnosis with my Jake too. A very scary time. But we came out of it okay and were able to avoid surgery thankfully.

Good luck. hughugwishes
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Tue Mar 12, '13 11:00am PST 
I'm leaning the same way...could she have done something in her back that caused something nerve-wise? I'm so sorry she is going through this. If the vet can't figure it out, maybe talk to a neurologist? Is she able to get up and walk at all?
[notify]
Kloppers

Barked: Tue Mar 12, '13 12:12pm PST 
They said it was not neurological, but we are waiting at the emergency clinic now. She started having difficulty breathing frown I hope they can find something to diagnose, the ER is also were her cardiologist is located so fingers crossed
[notify]
Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Tricolored- Hounds for life!

Barked: Tue Mar 12, '13 12:16pm PST 
hughughughughughughughughughughughug

Good luck to you and Bella.
[notify]
Kloppers

Barked: Tue Mar 12, '13 1:56pm PST 
Well...I think someone had mentioned this before..but the ER vet thinks it is tick borne disease causing the collapse. She has had 3 4dx snap tests before that came back negative so we are doing a tick titer test. They said she had fluids in all her joints and are now talking hip dysplasia, and surgical consults. She thinks that it was never heart related but musculoskeletal possibly from tick or immune mediated.

I am honestly confused. We had X-rays done not even a year ago of all her joints and they were all arthritis free, and an xray this morning on the shoulder on the affected fromt limb. The ER says collapse and limp are unrelated. She has lost another 5 lbs even though I have increased her food. I don't understand why no one finds this concerning. I am waiting for the titer to come back and we will go from there.

I have her home now, although I wanted to leave her over night to make life easier for her physically, we have 3 stairs going in and out of the house...I had to basically carry her up them..not sure i can do it again. She would be miserable if I left her there..they did give her some tramadol to take for the next few days.
[notify]
Moose

I love sitting- in laps

Barked: Tue Mar 12, '13 2:03pm PST 
hughug I hope you get some conclusive answers. hughughughug
[notify]
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Tue Mar 12, '13 4:14pm PST 
Could there be a problem with her lungs? Personally, I (the human) can have trouble breathing at times, and the pain will radiate into my arm.
The limp MAY be a symptom from whatever is the actual cause, esp if it is centered near the front (lungs, heart, etc). Is she able to walk at all? I would try to keep her moving at least a little if she is at all able to. I have a small heart murmur, and it is important to stay active; murmurs usually cause trouble when one is at rest due to lack of circulation (I think)wink.

I hope the vets figure out what is wrong quickly, and she heals up!hughug
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 6: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  6