GO!

Increased drinking & urination?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Sat Jan 19, '13 1:03pm PST 
Wow Zane....I have never heard of that frown I hope you will be ok? Hopefully it's treatable.

Yea i knew it could be a symptom of kidney problems, but really, it could be a sign of a few other things too. UTI is the most common, but i didn't want them to worry without answers first
[notify]
Kally

I caught a- squirrel once...

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 4:08pm PST 
Thanks again for all the advice! I wanted to update you all and I have another question smile I took a urine sample to my vet today - they told me that everything was fine and there were no problems with her urine sample! They recommended I still bring her in tomorrow for an exam and blood work.

Since I last posted, I've noticed other strange behavioral changes. Last night she would NOT leave my side. She followed me everywhere. She does like to keep an "eye" on where I am, but last night was extreme for her.

I've started doing some research into Cognitive Dysfunction. I'm going to bring it up at the vet tomorrow and ask for a full blood panel. Any other suggestions on things to ask the vet tomorrow?? Thank you! smile
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Barked: Thu Jan 24, '13 8:21am PST 
I'm curious what the bloodwork shows. Soooo, she is urinating and drinking more? She is still doing that correct? As for her being clingy last night, I would just keep an eye on it. If it was just one time, maybe she was just clingy. I think what worries me is you are kind of like my mom. She googles everything and starts thinking the worst, thinking things are going on.

I can tell you that urinating and drinking significantly more is not normal. I'm not sure how MUCH more you are doing that. Hopefully the bloodwork give some kind of indication.
[notify]

Scooter,- PAWS

Barked: Thu Jan 24, '13 8:24am PST 
Let me ask this....did you get a sample first thing in the morning before you drank water? If it was taken before your visit, can you ask if your urine specific gravity level was normal? They look at that when looking for urinary tract infections.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2