GO!

Probiotics for me?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Princess- Shadow

Adopted dogs are- the BEST kind!

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 9:27am PST 
Well I have been unlucky enough to have caught Clostridium and I can't seem to get rid of it. So on top of Mommy finding me some bran cereal to add to my food for more fiber, I've also been taking Forti-Flora.

My vet carries it and it costs Mommy $30 a month for a 30 day supply. I know that's not too bad but Mommy is hoping to find a similarly effective probiotic with the "live-culture" to give to me. Any suggestions?

p.s I also love plain yogurt so I get that on my food too! I'm so spoiled!

Sincerely appreciative-
Princess Shadow dog
[notify]
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 10:55am PST 
I used to get Fortiflora on Amazon.com. They will sometimes carry a 3 pack for around $50. I now will often get a product called Intelliflora as an alternative to Fortiflora, which you can also get on Amazon.com for around $17. Inelliflora is similar to Fortiflora but the Intelliflora has more of the good bacteria in it.

Edited by author Wed Jan 16, '13 11:04am PST

[notify]
Princess- Shadow

Adopted dogs are- the BEST kind!

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 8:49am PST 
Mommy says she doesn't want to get into buying that online. She's aware many people do but she'd rather know whom she's buying it from.

Well we thought we'd try the probiotic that comes in a syringe looking thing that comes out like yellow toothpaste but Mommy's not liking how you're supposed to be "measuring it" out, so Mommy thinks we'll stick with the Forti for now unless more suggestions come in.

Sincerely appreciative-
Princess Shadow dog
[notify]

The Wee- Beasties

The Wee 3 are- now the Wee 7!!!

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 7:27pm PST 
We get a product called Probiocin from our vet that comes in a syringe. It works well for all of our pups when they have issues.
[notify]