GO!

Yellow Mucus Vomit

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Toby

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 12:44pm PST 
Hi Everyone,

I am off to the vet because we just brought on a new foster who i think my parents are keeping and at the same time my little guy is not feeling that great. He has seizures about once a month (usually every few months) and they don't warrant meds as they aren't more than once a month and only lasting a few minutes. I notice he always will have an episode when he is not eating. He hasn't been eating the past few days like normal. I have made him his absolute favorite foods and he won't really eat them. Cooked lamb, peanut butter, banana (which he isn't supposed to have) and I mean he will not even budge. He ate some breakfast yesterday mid day and a very small bit of dinner. He vomited this load of mucus on Saturday and sounded very congested. Last time this happened I brought him to the vet and she said it was not kennel cough and nothing we could do. "just like a human just rest and liquids". Have your dogs ever had this very mucuosy vomit? It's not just straight bile and I wonder why it happens. What do you do if your dog won't eat? I am taking them to the vet in the next few minutes but was just hoping for feedback. Thanks!
[notify]
Envy

Being a sinner- is so much fun

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 3:38pm PST 
Have you had him tested for acid reflux? Just a suggestion as the mucous could in fact be acid.
[notify]