GO!

Dermaxx!!! No!! Whatever you do, do not give it to them!

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 8:44am PST 
MIKA&KAI,

Thank you very much, I do really appreciate it and you are absolutely right. This whole thing could've been avoided. It is a heavy price to pay, without conducting our own research, especially having the internet at the tip of our fingers. This was not sitting right with me, so I called the vet/ fda and the pharmaceutical company that created the drug. I just got off the phone with them. They are putting up a review now and flagging this drug because of the high rates of effects. They are going to pay for any of the medical expenses that were incurred. I told them, that is helpful, but my family memeber is now dead and all I can do is try to help other people, that do the research can benefit from my posts. I have started other threads now, trying to help out their families, where I was to late to do. All I can now is protect his brother and be a better parent to him.
[notify]
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 9:24am PST 
I'm glad you were able to get this drug flagged for review, it just might save someone else's pet.flowers Thank you for the warning, and I hope you and your family are able to find peace.hughughughug Fly free, Jack.little angel
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 10:56am PST 
Jack's Mom,
Thank-You for reporting what happened to Jack to the proper agencies who can do something about it. That is of great benefit to all of us as pet parents. Thank-you as well for taking my post in the spirit is was intended,not to condemn but to inform. We as our pets voice do need to be very aware of just what it is we are giving them or allowing our vets to give them,just as we as health care consumers need to be aware for ourselves and the information is out there,just a few keystrokes away. We all like to trust our vets and doctors but they do not spend every moment of everyday with us and neither we or our pets come with a specific model owner's manual,trust me,as a mother,grandmother,and pet parent,I wish they did. No one can predict with 100% accuracy how any one pet is going to react to any one medication. You simply get as much information as you can find,have recommended test performed at the specified times and always before hand,make the best most informed decision you can,and if and when something seems to be wrong get help,if it is beyond help as in Jack's case,you do what you did and report it to the proper agencies and people. Once again you have my deepest condolences on your loss and my very best wishes that something good will come of this. I am truly sorry that Jack was lost so tragically,just trying to ease his pain.
hughughughughughughughughughug to you.
Pam (Mika & Kai's Mom)
[notify]

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 5:23pm PST 
One of my dogs can't tolerate any NSAIDS either. I believe we've tried Meloxicam and Rimadal and we're not about to try Dermaxx or any others.

Not only did she have gastrointestinal distress but she went into something like shock also. Her pulse was very weak, I could hardly find it. She seemed to get very dizzy or fatigued, or both and kept falling over and her head kept drooping.
[notify]
Bandit

I luvs slippers

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 7:12pm PST 
I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP Jack.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2