GO!

proviable probiotics anyone use it

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Rudy TUTU

Easter Baby

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 7:10pm PST 
how affective is it?
[notify]
Princess- Shadow

Adopted dogs are- the BEST kind!

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 9:32am PST 
Is this the only probiotic you have access to? Or did your vet recommend it? snoopy
[notify]
Rudy TUTU

Easter Baby

Barked: Sat Jan 19, '13 4:16am PST 
vet recommended it since i asked for one that is dairy free plus i had to order online for a larger package they don't carry many probiotics here especially for dogs
[notify]

Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Sat Jan 19, '13 5:34am PST 
No, I use Prozyme, but I don't know if it is dairy free. Keep us posted on how it works for you. Always on the lookout for good products. laugh out loud
[notify]
Risa- W-FDM/MF RE- RL1 CA CGC

Awesome Dog

Barked: Sat Jan 19, '13 6:21am PST 
I used it for a time with Risa when she was having her gut issues again. The stomach-coating paste worked really well to calm her gut down but we didn't have much luck with the probiotic portion of it. Then again, NOTHING works on Risa's gut besides figuring out what is bothering it and eliminating the source of the problem. So I'm not sure our assessment of the product is entirely accurate.
[notify]
Rudy TUTU

Easter Baby

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 4:19am PST 
actually i bought the capsules not the paste i was told they didn't recommend the paste for dogs with food allergies cause of the flavoring in it.
[notify]
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 6:47am PST 
Squ'mey, Prozyme Plus is lactose free, regular Prozyme is not.

Edited by author Sun Jan 20, '13 6:50am PST

[notify]
Rudy TUTU

Easter Baby

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 3:26am PST 
Prozyme has no probiotics lol
[notify]
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 8:34am PST 
Prozyme is a digestive enzyme supplement.
[notify]
Princess- Shadow

Adopted dogs are- the BEST kind!

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 8:44am PST 
Well not that I'm an expert but I haven't heard of it but I currently give my girl Forta Flora although I'm not sure how well it's working because she's having a really hard time kicking a bout of Clostridium right now.

I can however tell you that she loves it and considers it a treat. We also give her plain yogurt on her dinner, however she doesn't have any dairy sensitivity either. Not sure if this helps..

snoopy
[notify]