GO!

disorientation?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Sparkles

Wait for me!!

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 8:07am PST 
I'm asking this for my mom. Her golden retreiver Jake is about 2 years old. I guess around christmas time he had an episode where he seemed dizzy, stumbly, and disoriented. It went away but this morning, apparently, they left him out to pee and he literally fell over in the snow, after a couple seconds, he got up, was unsturdy and disoriented. I guess he shook it off then and finished his business. I'm going to their house to check on him at lunch time while they're at work but I was wondering if anyone has any experience or knows what this is. I was thinking maybe some kind of seisure but I dont know. Any info you guys might have that I can pass on would be great. Thanks.
[notify]
Dunkin

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 4:03pm PST 
I wish I could remember the name of the disease. I watched a report on tv about it a few years back. But the dogs in the video would just be running around and all the sudden fall over and were alseep. And after about a minute would wake up and get up like nothing happened. Maybe someone else that saw this can give you the name of it. Or you could try doing a google search on dogs sleeping disease/
[notify]