GO!

Health issues with back end higher than shoulders

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Rain

Future agility- star!

Barked: Sun Jan 6, '13 8:50pm PST 
Didn't know what to say for the title laugh out loud

Rain is a weird looking dog. She is 10 months old and her back end is very tall thinking Is it possible she can grow out of it? Or is that chance really low? I heard she will develop issues with her elbows. Is agility and Frisbee out of the question for the future? Any advice would be great..just starting to get a little worried confused

Here is a recent picture of her

Rain at 10 months
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 3:40am PST 
I think it is pretty common for young dogs, (and young horses) to grow rump high and then catch up. I would think that there is a good chance the front can catch up.

Even if it doesn't, I am sure he will be able to do doggie sports, just maybe at a lower lever?
[notify]
Jethro

Design jewelry,- not dogs!!!

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 4:32am PST 
High in the rear is absolutely normal for her age. I have never seen one that ended up that way when they were mature...usually 18 months or more.
[notify]

Quincy

We don't doodle!

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 2:27pm PST 
I posted this as Jethro, meant it to be Quincy as he has some photos on his page with his rear almost an inch higher than his front. Admittedly, he isn't six months yet, but I suspect it to get worse before it gets better!!!
Rain almost looks to have a sway back more than higher in the rear, her rear appears to be pretty much the same as her withers, but, again, that is also most likely due to her age.
Jethro is SUPPOSED to be higher in the rear, with them we are always worried when they are level as they grow, BOL!

Edited by author Mon Jan 7, '13 2:30pm PST

[notify]
Ikan

Barked: Wed Jan 9, '13 6:52am PST 
My boy was like that for awhile when he was that age. He did finally grow out of it. But I would keep an eye on it if i were you just to be on the safe side.
[notify]