GO!

Crushins disease and high costs

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Barked: Thu Dec 27, '12 2:19pm PST 
Our dog has been diagnose with crushins disease. I can not afford the medications from vet. Is there any alternatives?

thanks
Jim
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Thu Dec 27, '12 2:30pm PST 
Do you mean Cushing's Disease?
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Fri Dec 28, '12 10:20am PST 
I don't know what meds are used for Cushing's but sometimes dogs can use the exact same meds people use and better yet, many pharmacies have lists of cheap generic meds for about $4 I think. You could ask the vet to write a prescription and go to pharmacies to see if any of them are on that list. You could also shop online from trusted sites, not just anywhere.

It would take some effort to research and shop and I don't know if any are available or not but it could help.
[notify]

Tucker

Earned my wings- Jan. 22nd

Barked: Fri Dec 28, '12 10:28am PST 
This is a good site for lots of information about Cushings, including different methods of treatment. http://www.kateconnick.com/library/cushingsdisease.html At one point in the article, Anipryl is mentioned. There is a holistic alternative to Anipryl called Cholodin, which may be more reasonably priced. Whether either of these would be helpful though, really depends on the type of Cushings that your dog has.
[notify]