GO!

Unsettled stomach

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  

Barked: Wed Dec 26, '12 10:06am PST 
Well folks, back again. I would like to say thanks for all the advice. After my last post, the vet gave me Proviable paste n pills for the dogs. Things improved and their last shot of the paste was on 12/21. Now, as of Monday night, my 8 mo old female is back to having diarhea. I have her a pepto tab on Mon night, and all was well until today. Back to the poops again. My male is fine. I am at a loss. My question is could it be the food? They are on Blue Buffalo grain free duck formula. She has been eating it since October, so I am unsure if it could be the food. Is grain free not good for an 8 mo old Bernese? Any input is greatly appreciated
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Wed Dec 26, '12 10:19am PST 
That stuff has a special clay to firm the stool and probiotics to aid in digestion, right? You could try a probiotic to see if that could help but a healthy dog shouldn't need constant dosing of the stuff to maintain a healthy gut population. Likely the clay was masking the problem though.

Has she been checked for parasites? Some kinds are super difficult to detect and weekly stool samples need to be done before they are found.

And of course the food could be the problem. But first have you tried the easy trick of cutting back the food by 10-25% to see if that solves the problem? Very often overfeeding causes soft poop, doesn't always make dogs fat.
[notify]

Barked: Wed Dec 26, '12 10:43am PST 
Thank you for the response. Her stool came fine and I have cut back her food since the first go around. Do you think she could have a partial obstruction? I just read about it and I wonder if it is that?
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2