GO!

Puppies

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Snow,- Poochon- Angel

You say naughty- like it's a BAD- thing!

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '12 2:06pm PST 
My Mommy needs a few health care tips about Snoopy. He is a 4 month old Beagle puppy way to go Thanks so much! Mommy really appreciates the friendly dogs giving tips

Edited by author Fri Jan 11, '13 4:50pm PST

[notify]
Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '12 5:20pm PST 
Long eared breeds tend to get ear infections easier than prick eared dogs so you'll need to beware and check ears frequently for bad odor..redness...itching...tilting head to one side.

If you bathe your dog...put cotton balls into both ears and try to keep water out as much as possible. There is an awesome product called Vet's Ear (or other drying products) to put into the ear to clean them that helps keep them healthy.
[notify]
Huckleberry

The opposite of- cross-eyed.

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '12 7:23pm PST 
Hound nails grow insanely fast, so play with Snoopy's feet a lot to get him used to having them handled for nail trims! Try to get him used to both clippers and a nail grindersmile
[notify]

Huckleberry

The opposite of- cross-eyed.

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '12 7:27pm PST 
Hound nails grow insanely fast, so play with Snoopy's feet a lot to get him used to having them handled for nail trims! Try to get him used to both clippers and a nail grindersmile
[notify]
Snoopy,- Mistur- Beegul

R I nod so- KYOOT?!

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '12 10:16pm PST 
Thanks guys my bro worries too much about me BOL! way to go
[notify]
John (2001 ~ 2012)

My Guardian- Angel

Barked: Sun Dec 16, '12 1:48am PST 
Dogs with long ears tend to get ear infection more often than those with erect ears. Any sign of redness needs to be dealt with right away. Itching the ears is often a sign of infection, too. So is tilting the head to one side or another. Be careful when bathing. Put a cotton ball in each ear to keep the water out. I recommend cleaning his ears at least once a week, or more, with a solution called Vet Solutions Ear Cleansing Solution for Dogs and Cats.
[notify]
Elizabeth

Don't Wake Me Up

Barked: Sun Dec 16, '12 2:29am PST 
Puppy nails grow really fast. Make sure to keep them clipped.
[notify]
John (2001 ~ 2012)

My Guardian- Angel

Barked: Sun Dec 16, '12 2:36am PST 
I concur, puppy nails grow incredibly fast. Cut them once a week to keep them trimmed.
[notify]
Jim

Throw the Dang- Ball!

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '12 12:57pm PST 
Get his puppy vaccines done, feed a good quality puppy food, brush him several times a week, clean his ears out whenever you brush him, don’t bathe him too much, spend at least half an our per day playing with him, be consistent in training, keep his weight down, look out for hypothyroidism, and be prepared to spend a good 12 years with your baby! Also, make sure he gets plenty of time outside, keep him in a securely fenced yard, don’t leave him alone for too long, and be prepared for him to mouth everything!
[notify]

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 9:16pm PST 
Get him quality dog food, and when we say quality, it doesn't have to mean expensive. Try to read on about which dog foods are great for dogs.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2