GO!

Age and Pregnancy

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2  
Angel

Tuff Enuff!

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '12 4:06pm PST 
My guess is he'd sell/give away the others. I don't like the idea. I'm afraid for his dog, as well as anxious bc if he allows her to breed while they're here, its going to put a lot of stress on my pets. 2 dogs and 1 cat in a 683 sq foot house is already pushing it. Adding a litter of puppies to the mix is too much. I told him he'd need to find somewhere else to live if she got pregnant or causes any problems for Angel or Tia. I did tell him everything's that listed above and so far it's not working but I'll keep trying.
[notify]
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '12 4:13pm PST 
My worry is that since shes intact she might pick fights with Angel?
Not that if she were spayed it would be any different. Bitches will be bitches.
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '12 7:49pm PST 
How about telling him that if he wants to stay with you, his dog will have to be spayed. If not, he can find a different place to live?
[notify]

Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '12 8:02pm PST 
I like Fritz's idea!!
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Tue Nov 13, '12 8:19am PST 
If all else has failed then Fritz's idea seems like your last best option. I was honestly hoping that the cost as well as the high potential for loss of the dog he supposedly loves would give him reasons to rethink breeding her. I feel bad that he is willing to put his poor dog through such risks for such a selfish reason. I hope if he goes through with this she survives and is okay.
hughughughugwishes to you for trying so hard to convince him what a truly bad idea breeding her is for her. You are a good and caring person.hugflowers
[notify]
Angel

Tuff Enuff!

Barked: Wed Nov 14, '12 3:45pm PST 
I told him my concerns on it. I think I'm too nice or have SUCKER written on my forehead. I am concerned for his dog, but I refuse to make him find other living arrangements before it's absolutely necessary. I did tell him that if she got pregnant while living at my house, he would need to find other arrangements before the puppies were born. My house will already be crowded without adding puppies to the mix.

I have been worried about the possible aggression also. BUT...I think the mgmt of my housing might have helped me out.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2