GO!

Hairball Hacking to Vomiting

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Barked: Sun May 13, '12 7:29am PST 
Hi Dogster,

I am K.A. and my pup is Cowboy. He is 6 months old and so wonderful. This is my first post on Dogster, but I have lurked for quite some time.

Cowboy chewed up much of his dog bed yesterday while being crated for a few hours and last night and today seems to be vomiting quite a bit. Last night his most substantial vomit was grassy (he ate some yesterday that was pesticide free) but he is still vomiting today. His vomiting has become fewer and far between with each passing hour. He begins with a retching similar to hacking up a hair ball which is followed by very small vomit. I just wanted to know if anyone elses dogs have eaten there doggie bed and had similar responses.

His energy is good and he had some water this morning. His pee looked normal and he is not bloated.

Thanks
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sun May 13, '12 9:08am PST 
Hello K.A. and welcome to you and your pup. Has he been pooping normally? Even if he seems a bit better I would be concerned about a blockage. In all honesty were he mine I would get him to the vet for at least some x-rays to rule out a blockage,that stuffing can be quite dangerous when eaten if itisn't only in very tiny ammounts. My Kai chews stuffies but knows not to eat the stuffing and will even come to us for help if he gets some stuck in his mouth. If you cannot account for everybit he chewed,given his symptoms I personally would be quite concerned. Please at least contact your vet or an e-vet and possibly get him checked out before there is a serious issue that could kill him.hug
[notify]

Barked: Sun Feb 24, '13 11:25am PST 
Thanks for your help. He ended up being fine. Ate and pooped normally and passed it on his own.

Thanks
[notify]