GO!

Breath with blood or metallic-ish smell?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2  
Jenny- ☺

Rabbit is good,- Rabbit is- wise...

Barked: Sat Oct 1, '11 11:43am PST 
Jenny was the same way with antibiotics. We ended up having to add pepcid and sulcrafate (I can't remember the spelling) to keep her tummy happy until the infection passed.

Please mention it to your vet, and I'm sure they'll prescribe something over the phone. Maybe even probiotics?shrug
Sage CGC

Mommy's lil- princess

Barked: Sat Oct 1, '11 11:52am PST 
She isn't going to be on it after this weekend. My vet had to get some Baytril shipped and in order to help her out because she was so miserable, he put her on Ceph just for the weekend.
[notify]
Jenny- ☺

Rabbit is good,- Rabbit is- wise...

Barked: Sat Oct 1, '11 1:34pm PST 
Yup, Ceph is the one Jenny couldn't take. Our vet said he'd make a note in her chart and asked me to remind him if she ever has to be on antibiotics again to make sure it isn't Ceph.frown

Its inexpensive but apparently hard on the belly.

Mishka

Toes are my- candy!

Barked: Sat Oct 1, '11 4:36pm PST 
I hope Sage does well and gets better soon. My Mishka didn't do so well on that anti-biotic either, it always made her sick and lethargic. She had to take it due to a severe reaction to her vaccinations. In the end she was changed to something else, but I can't think of the name right now.
[notify]
Kc

Ain't nothing- but a hound dog.

Barked: Sat Oct 1, '11 8:56pm PST 
Might be seirious or might just be ... does she eat her poop???? I know it is gross but it might cause this. I think I would perfer that to Kc's bathroom breath. I hope she gets better. I feel for you. Kc has had a number of surgries. (2) frownsmile

Edited by author Sat Oct 1, '11 9:02pm PST

[notify]
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Sat Oct 1, '11 9:09pm PST 
I had a dog who couldn't handle any antibiotics at all, she was also prone to UTIs. Our vet suggested giving her vitamin C. It helped heal the UTI and prevent new ones from coming on. At one point she had crystals in her urine and the vitamin C helped devolve the crystals too.

Feel better Sage!
[notify]
Sage CGC

Mommy's lil- princess

Barked: Sun Oct 2, '11 5:38pm PST 
Just Vitamin C pills?
[notify]
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Sun Oct 2, '11 5:53pm PST 
Yep, just vitamin C pills. She would get half a pill once every day (the dose our vet recommended). It also helped keep the urine PH at the right level too. There were times she was on antibiotics and her UTI would come back, so we would try a stronger antibiotic then a few months later she'd get another UTI. She had arthritis on her spine and it hurt to potty so sometimes she just wouldn't go and she'd end up holding her urine too long and end up with a UTI. She stopped having UTI issues after we put her on the vitamin C pill.

Edited by author Sun Oct 2, '11 5:59pm PST

[notify]
Tanner

Barked: Thu Sep 12, '13 6:06am PST 
I have a 6 month old Aussie puppy. He has had metallic breath since before I got him at 4 months. He has been on raw food every since I got him. I also have a 2 year old Aussie. They eat the same thing and he doesn't have any bad breath at all. Connie's coat is shiny, he is a extremely healthy puppy except for this breath! He is a chriptochid, which means neither of his testicles dropped but I'm not sure if that would cause it.
We are heading to the vet today so I will ask about it.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2