GO!

RediCare Healing Spray and Natural Insect Repellent thoughts?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Sat Sep 10, '11 10:13pm PST 
I was wondering if anyone has used this on their dogs?

http://www.keys-soap.com/xcart41/product.php?productid=5&ca t=3&page=1

What are your thoughts on it's ingredients?
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Sun Sep 11, '11 10:52am PST 
It looks like it would be soothing to the skin and good for the coat. I doubt it would actually repel insects, at least not fleas or biting flies. It looks very, very expensive for a little purified water and natural oils.
[notify]
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Sun Sep 11, '11 11:23am PST 
Fritz have you ever seen the prices of natural extracts? They aint cheap. It is more expensive to produce natural products over chemicals created in a lab.

This price is typical of natural skin care products.

Neem oil is expensive. I do not have any experince using the other ingredients except for neem oil. I think this is what they are using as an insect repellant in the product.

This oil by it's self is a natural insect repellent.
[notify]

Adam

Vaccine free- -Disease free- goes pawinpaw

Barked: Sun Sep 11, '11 12:49pm PST 
It all depends where and what quality for EO cost. I find at Whole Foods they are not too expensive for their worth or amount. EOs for most uses should be diluted quite a lot.

But for 7oz diluted already and no organic ingredients or better quality brand, $19 is more than I'd spend for that. Instead of such a broad spectrum product I'd spend $19 on a product treating a specific problem I wanted it for either skin infection or bug spray. Like the natural bug sprays I've seen have maybe 5 more EO's. And the natural healing sprays have witch hazel, calendula, goldenseal, etc.

Neem is really the key in this product. It's is added in most natural bug sprays for extra tick and flea repelling. It's also good for healing since it's antimicrobial. By itself I don't think it's enough for more severe situations (of healing or insect repelling cases). (forgot to add, I never tried this product personally or know any who has)

Edited by author Sun Sep 11, '11 1:02pm PST

[notify]

Barked: Sun Jul 7, '13 9:45pm PST 
I know it's been awhile since this was asked, but I feel compelled to add my 2 cents. Natural, high quality products are expensive. A little bit of this product goes a long way. I've had a 4 ounce bottle for over 2 years. This is an AMAZING product. I first got it for my Goldendoodle's hot spots. I was able to avoid having to take her to the vet! More than paid for the product. I carry a small bottle with me at all times. I've used it on friends and their dogs. I've used it on myself. I use it when my skin itches. I've used it as an insect repellant and on bites when I've forgotten to use it before I've gotten bitten. I've used it on skin abrasions, burns, cuts and scrapes. My friend's 11 year old had a bad cut on his foot (underside of toe at a joint) and I sprayed it once. When the cut was virtually gone the next day he told his mom that I really am a hippie because I always know what weird things to use...and they work. What a compliment. snoopy
[notify]
Octavia

I'm Not a Pit- Bull

Barked: Tue Jul 9, '13 8:45pm PST 
It looks very soothing. But, it’s very expensive. Good quality herbs are. You get what you pay for.
[notify]
Mervyn

Bigger is Better

Barked: Sat Jul 13, '13 9:18pm PST 
I'm sorry, but the webpage isn't loading for me. I'm not sure if the site is down or if it's just my old computer. Anyway, I always recommend natural or poisons. Mervyn wears the Only Natural Pet EaseyDefense Flea & Tick Tag and I've never seen one flea, one tick, or even one mosquito on him! shock
[notify]

Barked: Wed Jul 17, '13 5:21am PST 
Camrosa Ointment! way to go
[notify]
Roman

The Snuggler

Barked: Wed Jul 17, '13 12:34pm PST 
I need to get an insect repellant for Roman for this weekend... he attracts mosquito's like crazy, which may be good for me, but my poor dog!
[notify]