GO!

Heart Murmur and Seizures?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Romeo

Barked: Fri Apr 19, '13 6:12pm PST 
Update on Romeo

I went to a few different vets to get multiple opinions on what was going on. The first vet that neutered him brought him out to me terrified saying "I can never put this dog under anesthesia ever again". I decided I was never going back to him because he had the nerve to continue with the surgery when he knew how bad his heart murmur was. I decided to go back to a vet I had taken my other dogs to in the past. She was very nice and after listening to the murmur more, rated it a 5 out 6, 6 being the worst. She tried medication but it was making him worse after a few months to the point he wanted to run around more and the more he did, the more episodes he had. She said that I could get an ultrasound but with him not being able to have anesthesia, he can't have surgery. I've decided to monitor his activity and he has been great! Every so often he will have an episode but not too often. puppy
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Mon Apr 22, '13 6:25am PST 
Wow...I just realized it's been 2 years since you posted. I'm glad Romeo seems to be doing ok. With a 5 out of 6 heart murmur, that's pretty serious especially for such a young dog. I hope he continues to do well way to go
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2