GO!

Two strange lumps...

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Henry Miller

He's a tramp,- but they love- him!

Barked: Thu Mar 3, '11 8:04pm PST 
oops! Just saw the other thread. Heading back over there.
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Fri Mar 4, '11 5:17pm PST 
smile Henry- and for anyone else: Kingsley

I ended up taking him in to the vet today because there's and adoption event on Sunday, and because I didn't want to make him wait until Monday. The vet thinks he's having a reaction to the internal sutures used to tie off the veins that feed the testicles. Either that or he's a medical miracle and has a second set of testicles!! The vet gave him an injected anti-inflammatory, an antibiotic injection, and prescribed a course of Baytril to prevent/treat any infection...
[notify]

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 9:14am PST 
Go to this link .
http://www.woodhavenlabs.com/males-swollen.html.
It tell you and show you pictures smile
[notify]

Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 3:23pm PST 
Guest, first of all, this thread is two years old!!!
As to your link, your picture does show the normal glands in a male dog's penis, these glands swell to hold the tie when they breed and will also swell if the dog gets excited. They are actually part of the penis, not separate from it.
If you had looked at the photos of the OP's dog, you would have noticed that the swelling she was seeing was no where near the penis at all.
Please, check the dates of the posts BEFORE you post.
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 3:27pm PST 
Well this thread is almost 2 years old, but since someone brought it back to life, I will follow up. Pretty sure it was a reaction to the internal sutures. It was not the bulbous glandis. The course of antibiotics and a few anti-inflammatories cleared everything up.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2